Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Candy Orange Touch-Up Paint for Chip ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 09:23 PM
gliderman
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Candy Orange Touch-Up Paint for Chip ?

I noticed a small chip today about the size of a pea on the inside of my saddlebag lid. Looks like the lid has been making contact with the front screw that secures the 4 point docking hardware to fender when I open the bag. It's doing it on both sides but it's worse on the right. Never had the docking hardware before so never bothered to look. Anyway, the chip is down to the metal so what is the best way to cover that up? I see Candy Orange touch-up on the web both in small bottles and also in a touch-up pen. Do I also need a bottle of clear coat to go over it? Will the pen method be good enough? Appreciate advise on fixing this as I don't know anything about paint ! Thanks.

P.S. For those with docking hardware, watch those saddlebag lids !

Old 01-26-2014, 04:02 PM
JoeFLHX
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You'll need clear, and 1500-2000 wet sand paper, & polish. Light on the paint, heavy on the clear, sand it down with the smallest possible piece of paper.

I glue sand paper I punch with hand hole puncher to a pencil eraser and sand with that. Contact cement.

Take your time