Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a quality painter in SE Wisconsin...

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 08:24 PM
The Cheesehead
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Looking for a quality painter in SE Wisconsin...

Looking for a quality painter in SE Wisconsin...

I'm having a new set of CVO Road King bags from Eastern Performance delivered next week and I'm looking for a reputable painter for the bags and lids. I live near Milwaukee, WI...any of your references would be helpful.

I posted this in the powdercoat and paint section too.

Thanks all.

Old 02-28-2014, 08:37 PM
northeimcustom
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think there is a pretty good custom shop near you that build some sick bikes. I'm sure they know a quality painter that can prep and paint.

Check out this site. tscustoms.com
Not the one I've heard about, but first one that came up on Google. If I think of the other one I will let you know

Last edited by northeimcustom; 02-28-2014 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:56 PM
The Cheesehead
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

CPV Paint and Graphics was a referral I got from my local dealer. They quoted me almost $1000 for the bags and lids. Not a chance...maybe if I stop in with the bags and let them take a look at them they'd be able to give me a better number.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:13 PM
northeimcustom
Tourer

Yes, that is probably your best bet. I recently dropped off a set of just 4" extended bags to my local painter. He is prepping and painting midnight pearl with HD paint for 500$ cash. He is one of the better painters in my area with lots of experience with Harley stuff. I thought that was a fair price, as he swears I will not find a flaw on them. Good luck to ya!

Old 03-01-2014, 05:26 AM
theedz185
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ryan Fielding at Paragon Customs. Maybe not quite SE Wisconsin but Sauk City isn't that far... Guy does great paint... (he's done the Badger Hockey goalie masks the last two years). All kinds of custom work and builds too. Here's the website.

Paragon Customs

Let us know what you decide...

Old 03-01-2014, 05:47 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,525 Likes on 6,272 Posts

Originally Posted by theedz185
Ryan Fielding at Paragon Customs. Maybe not quite SE Wisconsin but Sauk City isn't that far... Guy does great paint... (he's done the Badger Hockey goalie masks the last two years). All kinds of custom work and builds too. Here's the website.

Paragon Customs

Let us know what you decide...
Wow. His work looks awesome. Is he expensive?

Old 03-01-2014, 05:57 AM
Geezer glider
Tourer

If one color, there are some that I know of, but if multi color, then choices get limited. Silver lake auto body (silver lake, 1/2hr west of Kenosha), and Pulera collision (Kenosha just off hwy 50) can do great work. CPV does really good work when stripping and multi colors are desired. I'm sure there are some good outfits in the Milwaukee area, just have never dealt with any since moving up here. Paint ain't cheap nor all the supply's to prep for it. I'd guess $500-1000 will be the quote at most places

Last edited by Geezer glider; 03-01-2014 at 06:01 AM.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:05 AM
Concours
Cruiser

Not that far up the road for you .. check out Brush Boy Customs in Darboy (Appleton) http://www.brushboycustoms.com/

Besides graphics and pinstriping, he does paint as well

Old 03-01-2014, 08:28 AM
06 flstfise
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would second cpv. They did a friend of mine bike and it was amazing. http://www.cpvehicles.com/fire-fight...al-camera-168/
Also did color match work for me. Paint is a huge part of the bike, I would not take the cheapest route. With that said it seems cpv prices are all over the board. I would stop in and see what they say after seeing them.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:13 AM
kevin_n
Road Captain
Received 169 Likes on 128 Posts

Cpv did a touch up on my 2 tone fairing and did a great job. We also had them paint the inner fairing and cap on my wife's street glide and matched perfectly. I don't remember the name of the place but there is a small shop on the corner of 89th and National that does good work.(has a black and orange sign) A guy I work with had is tour pak changed from white to merlot and the guy matched the paint perfect. Not sure how much he paid but he is really happy with it. The only other thing I can say is you get what you pay for.

Kevin

Quick Reply: Looking for a quality painter in SE Wisconsin...