Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M 1204 Voltage Regulator Bulletin??????(2006 tour bikes)

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 06:06 PM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M 1204 Voltage Regulator Bulletin??????(2006 tour bikes)

Copied here from Gereral Forum since it effects Touring models

Just got a letter from Harley MoCo today.

Our records indicate you ar the owner of a 2006 Touring model motorcycle;FLHR/I, FLHRCI, FLHRS/I, FLHX/I, FLHT/I, FLHTCI, FLHTCUI, FLTRI, FLHPI, FLHTCUSE, FLHTCUI/SC, FLHRI Shrine, FLHTCU/I Shrine, built with a voltage regulator that contains an internal componet that may cause reduced regulator life. In interest of customer satisfaction, Harley-Davidson isoffering a no cost inspection and if required, a no cost replacement of the motorcycle's voltage regulator to the owners of 2006 Touring model motorcycles listed above, built between 11/08/05 through 3/28/06.

While this is not a safety issue, we do urge you to contact your authorized Harley-Davidson dealer to schedule an appointment to have an inspection performed to confirm the regulators date of manufacture and if required, have the product improvement service performed as soon as possible. The service will be performed at no cost to you while the vehicle is under factory warranty and will require less than one hour to perform. However, due to scheduling, the dealer may request to have your motorcycle for a longer period of time. Parts availability at your dealership will begin the week of March 19, 2007.

This no cost offer expires at the end of the two-year warranty or one year from the date of the program announcement, March 13, 2007, whichever occurs last.

To verify that the service has been completed, your dealer will ask you to sign an acknowledgement when you pick up your motorcycle.

Thank you for your cooperation. We regret any inconvenience this may cause, but we have taken this action in the interest of your continued satisfaction with our product.
Called the dealership and the ServiceManager said they FIRST will check the date stamped on the Regulator. And if it is one that falls within the dates of manufacture that they have for those, it will be replaced.(The date on the regulator is different from the build date of the bike)
[/quote]

Old 03-22-2007, 06:27 PM
MntCruiser
Cruiser
Default RE: M 1204 Voltage Regulator Bulletin??????(2006 tour bikes)

Great information. I have gone through two regulators on my 06 SG. It's too bad they don't publish the date information so you can check for yourself if you have theculprit version.

Old 03-22-2007, 06:30 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Couldn't you just ask the tech on the phone at your dealer and then look on your bike? Seems better than going all the way to the dealer and wasting 1/2a day.

ORIGINAL: MntCruiser

Great information. I have gone through two regulators on my 06 SG. It's too bad they don't publish the date information so you can check for yourself if you have theculprit version.

Old 03-22-2007, 06:35 PM
StreetGlide2006
Road Warrior

Do you know if the date stamp on the regulator is visable without removing it from the bike? I know my bike build date is 04/06 so I could be close enough to have one of the bad ones [:@][:'(].

Thanks

Ride Safe,

Mike

Old 03-22-2007, 06:59 PM
Cowboy Tom
Intermediate

Good stuff, guys. I am taking mine in Saturday for the Iginiton/Fork Lock and wanted info on this recall. Just found if you go to the Harley Service website and input your VIN, the voltage regulator safety recall is showing up now. It wasn't yesterday.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:06 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

I wonder if this is why the Stator had to be replaced on my Street Glide early last year???

Bob

Old 03-22-2007, 09:43 PM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master

ORIGINAL: petemac

Couldn't you just ask the tech on the phone at your dealer and then look on your bike? Seems better than going all the way to the dealer and wasting 1/2a day.

ORIGINAL: MntCruiser

Thats whatI tried, but he wouldn't give up the info. Said he would like to have it in to verify and have me sign off on the recall if it was or was not effected. SinceI took delevery in Jan of 06 and the bike was built in Jan 06 he says he really wants to check it, because it probably needs replaced.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:11 PM
krgs2k
Cruiser

I never got a notice on my 06 FLTRI the dealer doing the service told me about it.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:27 PM
wldbill
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Received my notice in today's mail. It looks like all 06 FLH bikes built between 11/08/05 and 03/28/06 are covered. Plenty of time to get it checked for regulator build date and since I've had no trouble, I'll give the shop plenty of time to get the new product in house. Also let them do it along with some other service, like tires will be due soon for replacement. It's good to get the miles on her.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:41 PM
riverbobtj
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Cowboy Tom

Good stuff, guys. I am taking mine in Saturday for the Iginiton/Fork Lock and wanted info on this recall. Just found if you go to the Harley Service website and input your VIN, the voltage regulator safety recall is showing up now. It wasn't yesterday.
How do you get to the Harley Service website????? I did not find it at the regular Harley-davidson.com. Am I missing it? Or is it somewhere else??? Can anyone access it???

Thanks!

Quick Reply: M 1204 Voltage Regulator Bulletin??????(2006 tour bikes)