Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hesitation and PO codes question

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 09:01 AM
Trial dog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hesitation and PO codes question

Posted this in the tech section, but thought there might be a little more traffic here.

2012 RGU with stage 2, Andrews 222, de-catted pipes, Power Vision. Bike will hesitate sometimes, seems like sometime when I am off the throttle at slower speeds/rpms, when back on the throttle it hesitates and sounds like it's not getting enough fuel or air (to me feels/sounds more like getting choked off from air). If I roll the rpms up it runs right. Codes are PO132 (too rich front O2 sensor) and PO134 (front sensor not working). I have had it checked at dealer (still under warranty), they can't find the problem, say it isn't the sensor. Any ideas? I am going to:

1. Check exhaust for leaks, loose gasket.
2. Check and clean filter.
3. Run auto-tune and apply new tune to see if it fixes.
4. If that doesn't work, load a pre-loaded tune in for bike (currently running an auto-tune).

I have tried all this before except number 4 and seems to fix for a while and then issue comes back.

Wonder if anyone has had similar issues and resolved or any ideas. Thanks in advance for any input.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:01 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Trial dog
Posted this in the tech section, but thought there might be a little more traffic here.

2012 RGU with stage 2, Andrews 222, de-catted pipes, Power Vision. Bike will hesitate sometimes, seems like sometime when I am off the throttle at slower speeds/rpms, when back on the throttle it hesitates and sounds like it's not getting enough fuel or air (to me feels/sounds more like getting choked off from air). If I roll the rpms up it runs right. Codes are PO132 (too rich front O2 sensor) and PO134 (front sensor not working). I have had it checked at dealer (still under warranty), they can't find the problem, say it isn't the sensor. Any ideas? I am going to:

1. Check exhaust for leaks, loose gasket.
2. Check and clean filter.
3. Run auto-tune and apply new tune to see if it fixes.
4. If that doesn't work, load a pre-loaded tune in for bike (currently running an auto-tune).

I have tried all this before except number 4 and seems to fix for a while and then issue comes back.

Wonder if anyone has had similar issues and resolved or any ideas. Thanks in advance for any input.
Trial dog. You're best to ask this in the tuning/ecm section for PV where you'll get some excellent advice from a few VERY experienced individuals.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/ignit...admin-157.html

First thing they/I will want to see is the tune file that is currently in the bike.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:04 AM
Bingee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 349 Likes on 222 Posts

Clear the codes and see if any come back. Maybe you need to adjust your Accel Enrichment table.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:15 AM
Trial dog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UltraNutZ, thanks. I did, just thought there might be more traffic here, I haven't posted in the tech section before.

Bingee, thanks, I have cleared them, they sometimes come right back, sometimes days or weeks before they come back. I suspect I probably need to tinker with my tune.