Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Using Zumo 660 and CB and Bluetooth.

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 09:46 PM
Highwayman-AL
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Using Zumo 660 and CB and Bluetooth.

I searched I couldn't find an answer so maybe no one does this.

I have a 2012 Limited, and a Zumo 660, and will be wearing a Modular helmet. I want to hear the GPS, Take a phone call and use the CB with speakers inside the helmet. I looked at the Sena bluetooth but I don't see a way to use the CB.

Is there a way to do this.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:59 PM
bmaier
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Highwayman-AL
I searched I couldn't find an answer so maybe no one does this.

I have a 2012 Limited, and a Zumo 660, and will be wearing a Modular helmet. I want to hear the GPS, Take a phone call and use the CB with speakers inside the helmet. I looked at the Sena bluetooth but I don't see a way to use the CB.

Is there a way to do this.
I do all that with the Harley/ IMC headset, Zumo 665 and a $99 HD Bomm, not sena. Look at their website, easy install. Just bluetooth your cell to your Zumo, piece of cake. Make and receive phone calls, CB, etc

Last edited by bmaier; 08-14-2014 at 10:03 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:24 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

There is a Y connector that comes with the Zumo that will allow you to connect to the AUX at the front of the Harmon Kardon. This will allow you to talk on a paired cell phone, but only when the HK is in the AUX mode. Just for info, you will be able to hear the caller very well, the caller usually can't hear you very well, even with a 3/4 helmet and face shield. Might work better with a full face, I don't know.

You will need the module that connects the Zumo to the HK unit to get voice commands over the radio. This module will have the Y connector and detailed instructions.

Wife and I both have this setup and it works well except for having to switch to AUX to use the phone, and the fact that the person on the other end of the call will not hear you real well. You will hear voice commands, use the CB and intercom, play your music and use the phone.

Bill

Old 08-15-2014, 03:28 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by bmaier
I do all that with the Harley/ IMC headset, Zumo 665 and a $99 HD Bomm, not sena. Look at their website, easy install. Just bluetooth your cell to your Zumo, piece of cake. Make and receive phone calls, CB, etc
Same thing that I did. Works great.

Originally Posted by billnourse
There is a Y connector that comes with the Zumo that will allow you to connect to the AUX at the front of the Harmon Kardon. This will allow you to talk on a paired cell phone, but only when the HK is in the AUX mode. Just for info, you will be able to hear the caller very well, the caller usually can't hear you very well, even with a 3/4 helmet and face shield. Might work better with a full face, I don't know.

You will need the module that connects the Zumo to the HK unit to get voice commands over the radio. This module will have the Y connector and detailed instructions.

Wife and I both have this setup and it works well except for having to switch to AUX to use the phone, and the fact that the person on the other end of the call will not hear you real well. You will hear voice commands, use the CB and intercom, play your music and use the phone.

Bill
The HD module for this only works with the Roadtech version of the Zumo. If you have the regular Zumo then dont even worry about the module from Harley.

I use IMC Moto headsets (both half helmet style, 3/4 and modular helmets.)and the few calls that I made the receiver of the calls could hear me just fine. Now I have a new HD half helmet headset and the way that they change the mic the receiver of the call could not hear me at all. I took the windsock off and found that they changed the mic so that it is no longer directional, probably so that people could use it without making sure that the mic was pointed at their mouths. This is probably why it did not work well.

Old 08-15-2014, 04:39 PM
Highwayman-AL
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I should have clarified, I have a Road Tech 660 installed on the bike by the dealer. There is a cord that runs from the Zumo through the fairing than plugs into the front Aux jack on the HK.

Since the Aux switch came up, when I click on the Aux switch on the dash it lights up but I didn't know what it was connected to if anything. I don't know if the dealer did the Y connector inside the fairing that hitting switch will work to talk through the mic for phone calls.

Last night when I was playing with it, I have a phone paired with the Road Tech Zumo, I put in the Head set that came with the bike originally (2012) and I can hear the radio, CB (when I have the CB mode on) GPS (Radio in Aux).

When I call my paired phone I can hear it ring through the headset and I can see on the Zumo the caller ID, but the only sound pick up back was through the Zumo built in mic. (Radio in AUX mode) That won't work going down the road.

Do I understand correctly that if the dealer connected the Y connector on the back.....

If I am riding down the road and listening to the music a call comes in, I switch to the AUX on the radio I should be able to talk through the boom mic to the caller?

Do I need to turn on the AUX switch on the dash for it to work?

Old 08-15-2014, 05:37 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Highwayman-AL
I should have clarified, I have a Road Tech 660 installed on the bike by the dealer. There is a cord that runs from the Zumo through the fairing than plugs into the front Aux jack on the HK.

Since the Aux switch came up, when I click on the Aux switch on the dash it lights up but I didn't know what it was connected to if anything. I don't know if the dealer did the Y connector inside the fairing that hitting switch will work to talk through the mic for phone calls.

Last night when I was playing with it, I have a phone paired with the Road Tech Zumo, I put in the Head set that came with the bike originally (2012) and I can hear the radio, CB (when I have the CB mode on) GPS (Radio in Aux).

When I call my paired phone I can hear it ring through the headset and I can see on the Zumo the caller ID, but the only sound pick up back was through the Zumo built in mic. (Radio in AUX mode) That won't work going down the road.

Do I understand correctly that if the dealer connected the Y connector on the back.....

If I am riding down the road and listening to the music a call comes in, I switch to the AUX on the radio I should be able to talk through the boom mic to the caller?

Do I need to turn on the AUX switch on the dash for it to work?
Negative. To be able to speak through your mic and it register to the zumo you will need an HDBOMM. On the Y harness from the Zumo motorcycle mount, there are the output which goes to the aux on the front of your radio, and a 2.5mm plug where the mic plugs into. The HDBOMM uses the mic signal from your bike communications system and sends the signal to this plug.

The AUX switch he was talking about above is the port you have the GPS plugged into now. Stay with me this can get confusing...there is also an HD module for the Road Tech Zumos that you can purchase. It will send the GPS verbal directions to all functions of the radio. Right now you can only hear the directions in AUX mode on the radio. If you had the HD module you can hear the directions when using CD, Radio (am or fm) and Weatherband. Check out the NAV module here.

Old 08-15-2014, 05:49 PM
cficole
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 503 Likes on 396 Posts

That AUX switch should be what operates the lights on either side of your headlight; it's covered in your owners manual. It's not related to AUX mode for the audio system.

Old 08-15-2014, 06:02 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by cficole
That AUX switch should be what operates the lights on either side of your headlight; it's covered in your owners manual. It's not related to AUX mode for the audio system.
AUX switch is for accessories attached to the plugs under the seat. The SPOT switch is for the spot lamps.

Old 08-15-2014, 06:44 PM
Weavr99FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Stang951
AUX switch is for accessories attached to the plugs under the seat. The SPOT switch is for the spot lamps.
ACC switch, not AUX.

Old 08-15-2014, 06:51 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior

You are correct Weaver. Thanks for correcting me!

Quick Reply: Using Zumo 660 and CB and Bluetooth.