Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Hand Shields

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 09:46 AM
bigheadted
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by FastBagger07
No offense but I wouldn't put either one of the two on my bike.Just my opinion.It's your bike.

No way I would ever be caught with a trendy lemming crowd following blacked out bike, especially a Roadglide, just my opinion no offense.haha

Old 10-15-2014, 12:00 PM
ReidRik_Von
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 09 YELLOWBIRD
Thanks for posting. Been looking for a better locking set of these.

Tori, do you give a forum Member discount for these shields?

YB
I asked the same question before ordering and "HDforums" will discount the prices. All in was about $72 and shipping was free.

It was raining pretty hard on the ride in this morning and the fingers on wrench gloves I was wearing were barely wet.

Last edited by ReidRik_Von; 10-15-2014 at 12:02 PM. Reason: typo in coupon code.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:01 PM
greatbikegear
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 09 YELLOWBIRD
Thanks for posting. Been looking for a better locking set of these.

Tori, do you give a forum Member discount for these shields?

YB
Yes, the promo code HDFORUMS gets members 10% off the shields, Easy Brackets, and our turn signal relocation kits. Standard shipping is free.

Originally Posted by bigheadted
Awesome, been using them for a few years.

Why you ask?

Hands are way warmer on cold days, stay drier in rain.

Something the form over function crowd will never understand. Maybe if they were chrome ???
We do offer them in chrome. They are $149.95 (minus the 10% if you use the code). http://www.greatbikegear.com/index.p...d-shields.html

-Tori-

Old 10-15-2014, 01:39 PM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Clearly, some people don't get it. For them, don't worry your pretty little heads - just move on...

Me, I totally get it! I've been trying to find a set for my 08 SG (with apes) for a while with no success. Thanks for posting this OP!

Old 10-15-2014, 01:43 PM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like we have some fair weather riders here that never experienced riding in cold weather. At 35 degrees, these are a blessing.

Old 10-15-2014, 01:55 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

On the web they call these things "cage crashers". Supposed to protect your hands if you hit a car when lane splitting.

Old 10-15-2014, 03:33 PM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,522 Likes on 1,305 Posts

Originally Posted by btsom
I have the National Cycle plastic ones no one likes. I had great hopes but was severely disappointed on the first cold ride. It seems the mirrors on the short stalks deflect the wind down onto one's knuckles perhaps even more so than without the hand shields. My hands were just as cold as before. I would take them off if it weren't for the bugs that get smashed on them. The summertime big ones would hurt on exposed knuckles or fingers. I hope these are better designed but the pictures make me suspect you will have the same results I did.
I have they National Cycle hand guards and I love them. The wind on mine blows around the hand and not on the gloves. I like them so much I leave them on year round. This allows me to wear very light gloves. They are clear so people don't even notice them. In the rain, my gloves stay dry. I like the look of the greatbikegear but I was not aware they were available in '10 when I added mine. They actually look more like the handguards on my Vstrom which is why I added them to my bagger. I loved them in wet and cold weather on the VStrom, so I wanted the same joy of all season riding on my bagger. It works and I do.

Old 10-15-2014, 04:21 PM
Shep68
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by son of the hounds
I have they National Cycle hand guards and I love them. The wind on mine blows around the hand and not on the gloves. I like them so much I leave them on year round. This allows me to wear very light gloves. They are clear so people don't even notice them. In the rain, my gloves stay dry. I like the look of the greatbikegear but I was not aware they were available in '10 when I added mine. They actually look more like the handguards on my Vstrom which is why I added them to my bagger. I loved them in wet and cold weather on the VStrom, so I wanted the same joy of all season riding on my bagger. It works and I do.
Had this set on my VTX a few years ago. They work ok, but I didn't notice my hands much warmer to be honest...maybe a little. Do keep the big bugs from knuckle busting you though.

Old 10-15-2014, 04:53 PM
ejvette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Kinda hideous but I guess they serve a purpose

Old 10-15-2014, 05:09 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

These are very popular on Dyna's around here. There are a few other manufacturers as well.
http://www.valhollcc.com/product-category/hand-guards/
http://www.westcoast-tbars.com/Produ...uctCode=NRCCHG

And Joe from the Dyna section makes some too.

I have never seen this brand you have but they look nice.

Quick Reply: New Hand Shields