Touring Parts This is the place to post your Touring Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

Beware of NASCARGUY !!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 06:52 PM
Twincruiser
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That's why I just suck up the PP fees when selling something. It's the price of doing business, and both parties are covered. PP has the pay as "gift" option for sending money to family members and friends. Folks here asking to be paid here by the "gift" option are just trying to recover the full selling price and/or screwing PP out of there fee. Best to include the 3% PP charge in your asking price if the $3 fee per $100 bothers you that much, or you can ask the buyer to pay the fees (another pet peeve of mine). Just my opinion.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:58 PM
scooterh72
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When purchasing something from here (the forum)I will always add a few bucks to the asking price to help cover the paypal fees.....A little gesture goes a long way

Old 08-10-2015, 09:21 PM
mikeman54
Supporter
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

A few times I've thought about purchasing on here then you get that as a gift or add 3% forget it if your that desperate you don't need my money. Thats like the guy on Ebay who wants $20.00 shipping on a $15 part.

Old 08-10-2015, 10:05 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,960 Likes on 1,687 Posts

It's already been said several times in this thread, but it's worth repeating. I've had well over a thousand PayPal transactions.

Do not, EVER, pay via gift, unless you personally know the seller, and they're close by, and smaller than you.

Ever.

Old 08-11-2015, 12:33 AM
sn95bullitt
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I'm glad it worked out for you. I'm going through almost the samething with trackadaptor. Sent me a used scratched up part when it was listed as new. Like said before never ever send it as a gift. I've had people here say I'll send it to you as a gift, I tell them NO and I'm the seller. I want to be protected when selling something and I want my customer to be protected also.

Old 08-11-2015, 12:46 AM
Ray on the drums
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,134 Likes on 512 Posts

First "trackadaptor" another member here recently accused of a bad sale and
now this? I have gifted money through Paypal but it wont be happening again!

Old 08-11-2015, 12:47 AM
Ray on the drums
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,134 Likes on 512 Posts

Originally Posted by sn95bullitt
I'm glad it worked out for you. I'm going through almost the samething with trackadaptor. Sent me a used scratched up part when it was listed as new. Like said before never ever send it as a gift. I've had people here say I'll send it to you as a gift, I tell them NO and I'm the seller. I want to be protected when selling something and I want my customer to be protected also.
Yeah this ^

Old 08-11-2015, 04:31 AM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 897 Likes on 517 Posts
Default Beware of NASCARGUY !!!

Originally Posted by Ray on the drums
First "trackadaptor" another member here recently accused of a bad sale and
now this? I have gifted money through Paypal but it wont be happening again!
Never, never, ever, ever gift somebody the money when buying something.

Old 08-11-2015, 09:58 AM
Tanuki
Road Warrior
Received 47 Likes on 17 Posts

I bought a headlight off Nascarguy, paid through paypal, and thinking back recall he wanted it sent as a gift, I declined and added a couple of bucks to cover the fee from memory, but nevertheless headlight arrived in good condition. The transaction went smoothly, parts were as described and arrived undamaged, I have no complaint with nascarguy.

But I recommend not sending payments as a gift as basically if the deal goes sour then you have actually just given some one a gift of what ever the amount was you sent.

Shysters everywhere in this day and age, lots of people lack the morals that many of use were raised with, the younger generation seems to be a different mob and operate on different rules from the old days. Shop using care and diligence.

Old 08-11-2015, 10:17 AM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 506 Likes on 249 Posts

I give buyers the option of doing either, send as a gift or pay the 3%. I've done many sales here doing just that and often get it as a gift. Then again it helps to know who you are dealing with. I have an EBay score of 100% on 473 transactions. You may also ask if the guy deals on Ebay and check his record there. If you are still nervous, then pay the 3% and be done with it. It's simply "insurance" and we all pay tons of money a year for that.

Quick Reply: Beware of NASCARGUY !!!