Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

RIGHT LEG HEAT and HD CoolFlow fan

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 12:50 PM
SpringerRider
Road Captain
Received 191 Likes on 104 Posts
Default RIGHT LEG HEAT and HD CoolFlow fan

CoolFlow Fan

Part Number 26800128

I am looking at the CooFlow fan. Not interested in any other heat reduction schemes, at this time. I have read the user reviews and most are 5 * with the worst being 3 * and even there, the user was unsure if the auto-function had failed or it just was not hot enough. But 10 of the reviews were 5 * with loads of kudos.
Having said that, I am inherently suspicious of reviews.

I studied the fan when I first got my Trike since my wife was complaining about heat. I could not find much of a path for the heat to exhaust to. I was also told by a dealer that they did little to re-direct the heat removal path.

So, has anyone here installed the CoolFlow fan? Results? Satisfaction?

Old 05-01-2019, 03:04 PM
The Q
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

I have the CoolFlow fan and am very happy with it. The wife never complains about heat, and I'm sure if she was feeling the heat I'd hear about it. I have it set to auto and never think twice about it.

The following users liked this post:
SpringerRider (05-01-2019)
Old 05-01-2019, 04:46 PM
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,164 Likes on 6,271 Posts

I am currently considering this fan. The air direction is toward the the ground and not onto your right leg.

Old 05-01-2019, 05:04 PM
SpringerRider
Road Captain

I guess I will go for it. I live in Ga and 95 just ain't rare

Old 05-02-2019, 07:11 AM
TOHOG
Supporter
Received 129 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by The Q
I have the CoolFlow fan and am very happy with it. The wife never complains about heat, and I'm sure if she was feeling the heat I'd hear about it. I have it set to auto and never think twice about it.
Same here. I've had the the CoolFlow fan since my 2018 was ridden away from the Dealer when new. So, I cannot compare before and after. My experience all summer was that my wife never complained (about heat) from the bike. The fan stays on Automatic and does an adequate job. Much cooler than my last two wheeler FLHTK.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:19 AM
SpringerRider
Road Captain

Verify that fan is turned OFF before starting the engine. Under certain circumstances, an errant diagnostic trouble code may be set if the engine is started with the fan in the ON or Auto settings. Clear the code.

Is this true? I would prefer to put it in auto and forget about it. Also, I see they are using a toggle-switch. That switch will not match any existing switches.
I would prefer to wire it into the Original Equipment fairing dash panel switch. Has anyone done it that way?.

Old 05-02-2019, 02:58 PM
The Q
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by SpringerRider
Verify that fan is turned OFF before starting the engine. Under certain circumstances, an errant diagnostic trouble code may be set if the engine is started with the fan in the ON or Auto settings. Clear the code.

Is this true? I would prefer to put it in auto and forget about it. Also, I see they are using a toggle-switch. That switch will not match any existing switches.
I would prefer to wire it into the Original Equipment fairing dash panel switch. Has anyone done it that way?.
My CoolFan stays in the "Auto" mode and I've never (knock on wood) experienced an errant trouble code. I'm like you, set it and forget it.

Old 05-02-2019, 03:33 PM
vegas-triker
Cruiser
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

cool fan was installed one week after purchase.. best investment made... BUT, still hot, and will be until I go crazy and de-cat. still pondering the advantage/disadvantages

Old 05-03-2019, 06:50 AM
madmustang4
Tourer
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

what is it about the Tri Glide that causes more right leg heat? Why doesn't it also cause more heat on the left leg? Any input would be appreciated

Old 05-03-2019, 07:48 AM
SpringerRider
Road Captain

pipes run down right side of trike

Quick Reply: RIGHT LEG HEAT and HD CoolFlow fan