Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Triglide Fender Protection Options

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 08:26 PM
ghostrunner
Road Master
Received 322 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Triglide Fender Protection Options

Am wanting to know what everyone uses for protecting the fenders on their Triglides. Know these fender stick out and can catch everything. Have seen some with the bras on and some using a paint protection.

Last edited by ghostrunner; 07-03-2019 at 08:27 PM.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:41 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,501 Likes on 1,608 Posts

H-D offers some items that can help protect the rear fenders:

Fender Bras--Part # 57892-11 probably provide the most protection.

Fender Scuff Guards--Part # 83976-10 are more like boot guards.
Body Scuff Guards--Part # 83968-10 are also like boot guards but both of these guards provide some protection from road debris that hits lower on the trike fenders.

H-D also offers a clear plastic, protective film kit--Part # 83989-10A that you may want to consider.

Some after-market suppliers offer leather snap-on pieces that requires the installation (drilled holes) for the snaps.

So far, I have added both Scruff guards to my trike as well as the H-D "saddlebags" that give the body some protection.
I've ordered some 3M Scotchgard plastic film (less than $50 bucks on Amazon) that I plan to cut and install for an upcoming trip and if I don't like it I can remove it once I get home.

One last item that you may want to look at is Baker Built Air Wings.
They have a set of "wings" that mounts on the engine guard and their claim is that it deflects wind/rain, etc away from the riders feet and also the rear fenders.

Good luck!

Last edited by 2AMGuy; 07-03-2019 at 10:43 PM.
Old 07-04-2019, 06:11 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Received 324 Likes on 222 Posts

I have both the clear plastic protection and the Bra on mine, I would like to run without the Bra but I have to ride I10 in Arizona all the time and the Trucks are always throwing stuff so I keep them on and they look good.

Old 07-04-2019, 06:15 AM
ghostrunner
Road Master

Originally Posted by santajim
I have both the clear plastic protection and the Bra on mine, I would like to run without the Bra but I have to ride I10 in Arizona all the time and the Trucks are always throwing stuff so I keep them on and they look good.
I was curious about that if anyone used both so could take the bra off at times

Old 07-04-2019, 07:12 AM
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,053 Likes on 6,220 Posts

Originally Posted by 2AMGuy
H-D offers some items that can help protect the rear fenders:

Fender Bras--Part # 57892-11 probably provide the most protection.

Fender Scuff Guards--Part # 83976-10 are more like boot guards.
Body Scuff Guards--Part # 83968-10 are also like boot guards but both of these guards provide some protection from road debris that hits lower on the trike fenders.

H-D also offers a clear plastic, protective film kit--Part # 83989-10A that you may want to consider.

Some after-market suppliers offer leather snap-on pieces that requires the installation (drilled holes) for the snaps.

So far, I have added both Scruff guards to my trike as well as the H-D "saddlebags" that give the body some protection.
I've ordered some 3M Scotchgard plastic film (less than $50 bucks on Amazon) that I plan to cut and install for an upcoming trip and if I don't like it I can remove it once I get home.

One last item that you may want to look at is Baker Built Air Wings.
They have a set of "wings" that mounts on the engine guard and their claim is that it deflects wind/rain, etc away from the riders feet and also the rear fenders.

Good luck!
Agree.

Old 07-04-2019, 07:20 AM
TOHOG
Supporter
Received 129 Likes on 82 Posts

Thanks for the information here. I’m wondering if any of you who use protection on fenders also use the same on your fairing?

TIA

Old 07-04-2019, 07:24 AM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

Check out "BrasforTrikes" website.

Old 07-04-2019, 08:57 AM
ghostrunner
Road Master

Originally Posted by TOHOG
Thanks for the information here. I’m wondering if any of you who use protection on fenders also use the same on your fairing?

TIA

On my limited i use https://www.hogskinspaintprotection.com/ on the fairing saddlebag lids and tour pak lid. It is self healing and can’t even tell its on there. Pretty sure this is what will use on the Triglide when i get it but wanted to see what others was thinking

Old 07-04-2019, 10:07 AM
dw2169
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I went to an auto store and had them put the 3m plastic on my first trike. It was thicker than the one HD has and protected my trike better.

Old 07-04-2019, 01:52 PM
ultrafxr
Cruiser
Received 122 Likes on 78 Posts

I have the Harley PPF on my 2018 TG and while it works as well as any other imo the piece that goes on the fender (the most vulnerable part of the trike) is just not wide enough. I have picked up several pecks (one pretty good size) on the fender just outside the area covered by the PPF. A couple months ago I had an installer cut and install a larger piece that wraps the leading edge of the fender better. I think there are some vendors who offer pre-cut pieces in a larger size which is what I would recommend.

As for the 'self healing' claim, yes I think a small scratch, etc, it probably would but even on the film I've had rocks hit it and it cuts into the film. That won't heal but hopefully it did protect the paint.

Quick Reply: Triglide Fender Protection Options