Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Storage Compartments on Lowers

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 11:16 AM
trikermary
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Storage Compartments on Lowers

I picked up my Tri Glide last year and when I got it home I tried to un- snap the covers on the lowers, thought the storage space would be very handy, they unsnap with no problem, but I could not re-snap them, they would not close, had several men try and no luck, took it back to dealer, he replaced them with new ones and same problem, now I am just trying to find someone to close the snaps permanently and I will never use the space, only one or two snaps work, if it blows open while riding it takes forever to get one to close, has anyone had this problem, the dealer said it is common but they never find a solution, such a waste for all the money we pay for a tri-glide.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:18 AM
grandpawmoses
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many replace those covers with the locking doors either by Harley or an aftermarket.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:20 AM
DB10881
Cruiser

Originally Posted by trikermary
I picked up my Tri Glide last year and when I got it home I tried to un- snap the covers on the lowers, thought the storage space would be very handy, they unsnap with no problem, but I could not re-snap them, they would not close, had several men try and no luck, took it back to dealer, he replaced them with new ones and same problem, now I am just trying to find someone to close the snaps permanently and I will never use the space, only one or two snaps work, if it blows open while riding it takes forever to get one to close, has anyone had this problem, the dealer said it is common but they never find a solution, such a waste for all the money we pay for a tri-glide.
A lil WD40 makes a world of a difference....

Old 05-03-2010, 11:24 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have never had that problem but as was previously posted WD40 will work wonders.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:37 AM
trikermary
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DB10881
A lil WD40 makes a world of a difference....
I never thought of trying that but I surely will, I will let you know if I have any luck........thanks!

Old 05-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Glyder
Road Captain

Had that problem on our 09 when we first got it.. only two of the four snaps would snap shut....both sides. Rode over to the dealer and they took two new covers off an Ultra on the floor and they've been fine ever since.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

you can rub bar soap on the snaps and that will act like a lubricant too.. much cleaner than WD-40 (sorry for the pun)

Old 05-04-2010, 06:38 PM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine do the same pain in the neck to make sure all 4 are snapped closed tight I don't use them. Some one bought a locking door that holds a cup and a locking door for the other side. With out having to drill out the snaps. For half the price of the Harley ones. Might buy them some day. Like the Idea of the cup holder.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:01 PM
njdiver
Road Captain

I took mine off the first week, because of the same reason. I have seen them blow off while riding even thouight they are secured with a cheap tag line. Go to WWW. hogtrough.com, they have locking doors with or without a cup holder, I personnaly like the cup holder. It takes less than a minute to put them on, and they stay locked!

Old 05-05-2010, 05:52 AM
trikermary
Intermediate

Thank You so much, I will definitely order go online and check them out, appreciate your help! Thanks for the "Jersey" hospitality......

Quick Reply: Storage Compartments on Lowers