Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

600 More Miles On The Tri..Updated Impression

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 04:45 PM
STG246
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 600 More Miles On The Tri..Updated Impression

So I put 600 more miles on my Tri this weekend, cant say it was "good" miles, rode from NH down to central NJ and back, was supposed to go to north VA to meet my brother who rode up from FL, but 4.5 hours of traffic in CT & NY changed that plan, so I stayed in NJ as he got a lot further north than we planned then cruised back home together yesterday in downright miserable conditions, cold, raining and windy combined with 4-5 more hours of traffic....The trip did have two positives for me though, I feel ALOT more comfortable on the trike now, and I proved to myself that I can still ride long(ish) distances after my accident last August...On a side note, the bike ran perfect, the Fuel Moto tune that came with my PV tuner, headpipe and mufflers was spot on! I'm also amazed how stable the trike is in the rain, tight curves on worn pavement were a little odd but fun once I got the hang of goosing the throttle and hanging the *** end out sideways

Ryan

Old 05-20-2013, 05:34 PM
ones
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad your are enjoying your ride.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:41 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,924 Likes on 3,022 Posts

Hats off to you, the weather was shitty in New England this weekend. Sat was good Sunday sucked.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:49 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by STG246
So I put 600 more miles on my Tri this weekend, cant say it was "good" miles, rode from NH down to central NJ and back, was supposed to go to north VA to meet my brother who rode up from FL, but 4.5 hours of traffic in CT & NY changed that plan, so I stayed in NJ as he got a lot further north than we planned then cruised back home together yesterday in downright miserable conditions, cold, raining and windy combined with 4-5 more hours of traffic....The trip did have two positives for me though, I feel ALOT more comfortable on the trike now, and I proved to myself that I can still ride long(ish) distances after my accident last August...On a side note, the bike ran perfect, the Fuel Moto tune that came with my PV tuner, headpipe and mufflers was spot on! I'm also amazed how stable the trike is in the rain, tight curves on worn pavement were a little odd but fun once I got the hang of goosing the throttle and hanging the *** end out sideways

Ryan
Yep, it is a different kind of fun, but I look forward to wet roads sometimes.

Glad you're enjoying it!

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 05-20-2013, 05:51 PM
STG246
Tourer

Originally Posted by RANGER73
Hats off to you, the weather was shitty in New England this weekend. Sat was good Sunday sucked.

Sucked is an understatement! LOL Saturday wasn't bad til I got to the NJ border, then it started to rain there too, yesterday was downright miserable though, my bro stopped like 75 miles from his house in MA because he was slipping into hypothermia, couldn't talk, feel his hands or feet, stopped shivering all together etc. his rain gear had given up on him and he was soaked to the skin for a good 8 hours, I was somewhat drier and made it home to South NH but just barely...

Ryan

Old 05-20-2013, 05:53 PM
STG246
Tourer

Yeah Kevin if I had a full face helmet, some raingear for my boots and it was a little warmer I would have enjoyed it more, but even as miserable as I was, I did giggle like a girl getting sideways a few times...By accident on purpose LOL

Ryan

Old 05-20-2013, 11:36 PM
sloufoot
Received 4,082 Likes on 3,484 Posts

Originally Posted by STG246
Yeah Kevin if I had a full face helmet, some raingear for my boots and it was a little warmer I would have enjoyed it more, but even as miserable as I was, I did giggle like a girl getting sideways a few times...By accident on purpose LOL

Ryan
Something I do is put a few trash bags in a tight roll in the trunk for just such an emergency. Actually 2 different sizes. 6 small trash bags (3 gal), & 6 lawn & leaf bags. Some good heavy ones. Cut a hole in the bottom center for your head, & holes in the sides for the arms for an emergency rain coat. Actually keeps you quite warm. Never used the small for other than trash, but could cover the boots but handy, & can be rolled into a very small package.
Just a late thought.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:07 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by sloufoot
Something I do is put a few trash bags in a tight roll in the trunk for just such an emergency. Actually 2 different sizes. 6 small trash bags (3 gal), & 6 lawn & leaf bags. Some good heavy ones. Cut a hole in the bottom center for your head, & holes in the sides for the arms for an emergency rain coat. Actually keeps you quite warm. Never used the small for other than trash, but could cover the boots but handy, & can be rolled into a very small package.
Just a late thought.
Hey, trash bags is all we used from when I was a kid...I think I was in my late 20's before I even thought about a rain suit. Course, this was in Cali.

Now I got a rain suit, electric jacket, and recently added electric gloves. lol

Old 05-21-2013, 10:00 AM
STG246
Tourer

I had a rain suit on, it kept me mostly dry, but I don't have the boot covers...yet LOL

Ryan

Old 05-21-2013, 10:24 AM
dw2169
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Garbage sacks

Garbage sacks make great boot or shoe covers in the rain. Pull them up and over your shoes, a rubber band to hold them up, put your rainsuit over the top and you are good to go. The biggest help is to stay dry when riding in the rain. Once you get wet, it is hard to keep hypothermia from setting in. I love playing with the rear end in the rain. That is one reason I am going back to a 70 series tire so there won't be as much hydroplaning on the highway. Glad you had some fun.