Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Boots/Shoes

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2022, 07:30 AM
Don60
Tourer
Received 176 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by samk9lover
Idiots wear Tennis shoes and complete idiots also wear tennis shoes and shorts while riding a motorcycle !

Some days, "tennis shoes" are all I can wear due to arthritic pain. I'm now less critical when I see shoes as the week link of full coverage. Seeing riders with bare legs or arms makes me doubt any formal rider training for such riders.

The following users liked this post:
Dr ROK (08-23-2022)
Old 08-23-2022, 08:28 AM
Dr ROK
Advanced
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Don60
Some days, "tennis shoes" are all I can wear due to arthritic pain. I'm now less critical when I see shoes as the week link of full coverage. Seeing riders with bare legs or arms makes me doubt any formal rider training for such riders.
DITTO - I have a large bone spur on the top of my big toe joint where the toe connects to the foot. No way I can wear anything stiff over it without a lot of pain. Even with tennis shoes I have to tie loosely so it doesn’t press down on the area. I have found a pair of hiking shoes that offer a bit more protection and are still like tennis shoes with a soft top, but they don’t offer the protection of boots.

Old 08-23-2022, 10:26 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,961 Likes on 2,308 Posts

Been wearing the HD Lynx Waterproof boots for about 11 years now. On my second pair, I wear them year round. Comfortable, waterproof and somewhat protective.

Besides being comfortable and waterproof, I chose these because I do not need to lace them up every time I put them on. There is an inside zipper, covered by a flap and inside the zipper is a waterproof membrane. I've walked in water 6" deep and they don't leak a drop.

Gear Up & Ride in! DK Custom 4th Annual Open House, June 8th. 🏍️ Click HERE For The Lowdown.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Last edited by DK Custom; 08-23-2022 at 10:29 AM.
Old 08-23-2022, 11:13 AM
strych9
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,212 Likes on 3,534 Posts

After I discovered Icon boots, that's all I buy. Durable, light, yet highly protective. I couldn't care less about style, but these boots look good. They are also waterproof.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...terproof-boots

The following users liked this post:
jeffprice (08-23-2022)
Old 08-25-2022, 02:40 PM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member

Received 146 Likes on 99 Posts

My job demanded steel toe boots. Rode my FXDB to and from work so I am comfortable with my Timberland ankle high steel toe boots. Since I retired and moved up to a Trike, I still wear the boots most of the time while riding. But, on occasion, I will wear sneaks. Depends on the temperature and the destination of my ride. Those boots even survived a high sided crash on the two-wheeler. It wore through the leather, right down to the steel. Bad road rash on various parts of my body.

Old 02-18-2024, 09:27 PM
81shovelhd!
Cruiser
Received 154 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Notgrownup
I recently bought a pair of Harley-Davidson Macleod waterproof boots and they are really comfortable, and actually waterproof. I recently had to ride in the rain for the whole day and my feet stayed completely dry.

Those look very nice.......gonna look into those!

Old 02-18-2024, 09:30 PM
81shovelhd!
Cruiser
Received 154 Likes on 78 Posts

I'm reading here that several companies, like Danner, repair the sole and the leather if worn out.
what EXACTLY does "repair the leather" mean??
That would be just replacing with a new boot doesn't it?

Old 02-19-2024, 11:53 AM
Noodles107
HDF Community Team
Received 137 Likes on 77 Posts

I have been looking for new boots for riding the FW ... I started riding when I was about 10 (dirt bikes) and always rode with all of the appropriate protection equipment. As I got older and evolved into street bikes and eventually high performance street bikes, I always wore the appropriate equipment. IMHO you don't even look good riding without it. We have a ton of bikes & trikes in our town and we see people often riding without helmets, proper foot wear, shorts & tee shirts, bare handed ... These are really crappy looks. Forget about the fact that proper equipment at least affords us some protection, IMO you look like a rookie and you even makes your ride look crappy.

So I bought this pair of Tourmaster Echo Riding Boots recently, primarily for 2 reasons. The sole of the boot is mostly flat and there's no laces to constantly be adjusting. They fit well, were very inexpensive and designed specifically as Motorcycle Riding Boots. The heavy heeled thick lug patterned sole found on most Riding Boots is designed for you to have a firm footprint while constantly putting your feet up and down on the ground. This being my first Trike, I quickly found that the "flat" soled boot is much more comfortable while your feet remain on the floorboards all of the time. These work well but I would also like a lightweight summer boot.

Still in the research phase. I am leaning towards these ... [size=13px]NORTIV 8 Men's Military Tactical Side Zipper Leather Motorcycle Boots ... Also very reasonably priced, mostly flat sole and no laces to deal with. Input is always greatly appreciated.[/size]

Tourmaster Echo

Nortiv 8

Old 02-19-2024, 07:18 PM
Noodles107
HDF Community Team
Received 137 Likes on 77 Posts

I know this is a boot thread but I could use a good pair of gloves … Anybody have nice ones? Something warm but without losing feel?

Old 02-20-2024, 06:15 AM
Dan89FLSTC
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,545 Likes on 4,637 Posts

HDF Community Team...Aren`t you supposed to help keep threads from going off topic?

At least it wasn`t an oil question.

Last edited by Dan89FLSTC; 02-20-2024 at 06:25 AM.

Quick Reply: Boots/Shoes