Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri Glide passenger arm rests?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2023, 10:26 AM
BouseBill
Road Master

Received 1,266 Likes on 554 Posts
Default Tri Glide passenger arm rests?

The back seater is thinking she might like passenger arm rests on the Tri Glide. After reading the comments section on the HD web site, they don't sound like a "quality" product from HD.

Anyone here have the passenger arm rests that can give an honest review, and what brand are you running.

Old 05-03-2023, 08:04 PM
gtrb
Road Warrior
Received 151 Likes on 108 Posts

My wife has been saying the same. It'll be interesting what others have to say.

Old 05-04-2023, 01:45 AM
azjohnryan
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BouseBill
The back seater is thinking she might like passenger arm rests on the Tri Glide. After reading the comments section on the HD web site, they don't sound like a "quality" product from HD.

Anyone here have the passenger arm rests that can give an honest review, and what brand are you running.
Rivco passenger arm rests. No holes to drill, they mount under the rear speakers with the speaker hardware. $385.00 chrome. Very high quality. I have had my set on two triglides over seven years with zero problems. They also come with a bracket to mount a drink cup holder. I would highly recommend them. Check out their web site for pictures. John

The following users liked this post:
Derbywiz (05-09-2023)
Old 05-04-2023, 05:20 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Received 324 Likes on 222 Posts

Go with the RIVCO, they by far are the best.

Derbywiz (05-09-2023)
Old 05-04-2023, 05:37 AM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

A few years back I was riding behind a guy on an Ultra that had the HD Passenger Armrests. 1 flew off his bike at 55mph, bounced of the ground and took a nice size chunk piece of paint off my faring.

Old 05-04-2023, 08:32 AM
BouseBill
Road Master

Thanks for the information, it looks like the Rivco arm rests are the way to go. Are the magnets strong enough to old the armrests in the "closed" position while riding without a back seater? I see they are removable, but would rather not mess with taking them on and off.

Derbywiz (05-09-2023)
Old 05-04-2023, 09:42 AM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,576 Likes on 1,637 Posts

I installed the Kuryakyn passenger armrests on my '18 Tri-Glide.
They're not as sturdy as frame mounted armrests but they're more than adequate for the job.
My only complaint with them is that that "rattle" when no one is using them so I use a bungee cord to hold pressure on them and remove them when I don't need them.
The other plus in having the mountings on the tour pack is that that can be used to help secure my my large Saddleman BR 4100 luggage bag that fits snugly between the tour pack and the rider's backrest and riding on the passenger seat on long trips.

My riding partner had leather pads made for us that fit perfectly (using Velcro) in the indentation of this bag when the cording is removed and can be used as a rider backrest!

https://www.titancustoms.com/sabrdrbabag.html

Last edited by 2AMGuy; 05-04-2023 at 09:46 AM.
Old 05-09-2023, 08:32 AM
BouseBill
Road Master

Kuryakyn customer support turned me off on them and their products. After the goat rope with the passenger adjustable foot pegs I probably won't purchase anymore of their products

Last edited by BouseBill; 05-09-2023 at 08:34 AM.
Old 05-09-2023, 08:34 AM
Derbywiz
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BouseBill
Thanks for the information, it looks like the Rivco arm rests are the way to go. Are the magnets strong enough to old the armrests in the "closed" position while riding without a back seater? I see they are removable, but would rather not mess with taking them on and off.
The magnets hold, but there is a tightening screw that needs to be tightened or else (in my experience) the arms will swing out. I agree with others in quality and appearance.

Old 05-09-2023, 01:40 PM
JWP07
Tourer
Received 104 Likes on 60 Posts

Had them installed (HD Armrests) and the wife loves them. No complaints so far however - I will preface that with we have not had much of a riding season in Wisconsin so far! But as for quality - I do not have a problem with anything I have seen so far....

Quick Reply: Tri Glide passenger arm rests?