Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri-Glide Issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 06:25 PM
Fuzzy63
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone noticed the difference in ground clearance between the 2012 models and any older trikes. HD say they have done no part changes but side by side there is at least 1 1/2 difference. please help

Old 07-27-2012, 06:32 PM
Fuzzy63
Stage II

has any one noticed the difference between the 2012 trike and any older modle 1 1/4 higher but HD cant give any reason . They say no part changes have been made. but with a ruler you can measure and see the difference . If any one know what to do please help my trike drag on every thing.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:33 PM
TheBobs
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Fuzzy63
Has anyone noticed the difference in ground clearance between the 2012 models and any older trikes. HD say they have done no part changes but side by side there is at least 1 1/2 difference. please help
If u have a TG that has one of Dennis' lift brackets, then it would that much higher. What do you have?

Old 07-28-2012, 08:49 AM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Other than

The heat I would say the only real grip would be the rear brakes, just noise! They did wear out quick but I do a lot of mountain riding. I put some larger pads on when I changes them and the noise has abated!

I don't have a heat problem now but if I had a grip it would be the time and money it took to get the Tri Cooled down. It runs good now and has not had any of the other problems noted on this thread.

If I would suggest anything at this point it would be work on the heat problem and get the back end a little higher! That seat is a butt killer for what they charge for that Trike, it could use a better seat.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:30 AM
bobbyboy9
3rd Gear
Default Bobbyboy9

Originally Posted by dutch47
Reverse just went down yesterday. Calling HD dealer tomorrow
My reverse is out for the second time in 6 months, dealer says don't know.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:32 AM
bobbyboy9
3rd Gear

It is not the circuit breaker with mine. The dealer tried to hot wire it (jumper wire) still did not work

Old 08-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by coupe55
The heat I would say the only real grip would be the rear brakes, just noise! They did wear out quick but I do a lot of mountain riding. I put some larger pads on when I changes them and the noise has abated!

I don't have a heat problem now but if I had a grip it would be the time and money it took to get the Tri Cooled down. It runs good now and has not had any of the other problems noted on this thread.

If I would suggest anything at this point it would be work on the heat problem and get the back end a little higher! That seat is a butt killer for what they charge for that Trike, it could use a better seat.
Coupe,
Keep in touch, I'm installing New Lydall pads with polished rotors in the front and stock HD rotors is the rear after Paul Lyndall cross drills and chamfers them. It should make a big difference until his new rotors hit the market. All I know is they are about 90 days away and will be made out of a different material. I'm aleady on his backorder list for a set when they are done.

Last edited by Buddy WMC; 08-01-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:02 PM
icebite1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Buddy, You wont be disappointed with Lyndalls drill job, I had wifes done there almost 2 years ago. Oh ya, got the tail lights on, work great, they are a keeper.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:09 PM
billltrhd
4th Gear

I'm guessing I have you all beat for problems same, heat, rear brake noise, eng ping and wait, went riding yesterday stator hub magnet came unglued shorted out stator and regulator. At the dealer now still trying to pry off the stator hub, it could be worse. Second time on trailer, first time was because EFM automatic clutch problem when compensator nut came loose, removed clutch for sale lol! Yeah for warranty 4,000 miles.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Tampakingpin
Outstanding HDF Member

Man, lots of great information. It seems like the early models had lots of bugs leaving fewer for newer models. Everyone is dealing with heat. I plan to make my first mods at 1K service focusing on cooling down our TriGlide

Quick Reply: Tri-Glide Issues