Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri-Glide Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 06:23 AM
icebite1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We have 2 ClutchWiz,s. One on wifes TG, which she loves, and I have the other on my FatBob trike. I could get by without it but it sure makes it easier.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 02-22-2016 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:38 PM
PAMELARICCI
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I currently have a 2005 HD Heritage Classic with a Lehman conversion and love it. We just purchased our riding buddy's 2011 Tri-Glide with 8,500 miles on it. It has a lot more power but the heat is killing me. When we first got my 2005 the heat was unbearable and we took it to the Lehman dealer and he put a HD Screaming Eagle oil cooler on which made a world of difference.

I saw an earlier post by Mr. Wizard regarding the ABC's of removing rider heat. Will this work on the 2011 models?

HD told me that my 2011 has an easy clutch. Well, not by my 2005's standards, it is stiff and takes the full extension of my hand to grasp and pull. Will the Clutch Wiz fix this? We installed an easy clutch on the '05 too when we purchased it as it was stiff.

Also, I saw a lot of postings regarding leaking trunks. My Lehman trunk has leaked from day one. We never addressed a fix for it. Thank God I live in Southern CA !

Thanks for the info and for the sponsor's of this forum, I find the reading very helpful.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:01 PM
Delta
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Re: Leaking Trunk. I recently returned from a 10 day road trip. Rained for 8 of them, some were heavy with a lot of wind. My trunk was as dry as a bone.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:13 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

I also just returned from DC and had 2 straight days of rain out of the 9 days I was gone. Trunk and tourpac were dry as a bone. I have a 2012 TG. My tourpac did come completely unbolted though on the last day.
I don't have a heat problem. I did the H-D SE A/C, H-D Fatshotz slipons and H-D race tuner. I also have a crotch cooler and floorboard extenders which I believe is the best low cost solution for the heat, plus I believe I have a higher tolerance for heat then most.
I don't have a clutch problem - yet. I'm only 69 so maybe a few more years. I also don't have arthritus.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:55 AM
SusieRI
Stage IV
Default Squeaking brakes

Just called our dealership about the ongoing, GOD AWFUL squeak in our brakes (have been "addressed" many times w/no luck) ... HARLEY HAS ISSUED A RECALL ON THE BRAKES ON ALMOST ALL H-D TRIKES!!

SO, CONTACT YOUR DEALERSHIP SO THEY CAN GET ALL YOUR PARTS IN AND YOUR TRIKE IS LAID UP FOR AS SHORT A TIME AS POSSIBLE!!!

Woo hoo ... no comments about the "squeaky wheel gets the grease," please.

Susie

Old 06-18-2013, 10:51 AM
Bubba49
Road Master
Received 420 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by SusieRI
Just called our dealership about the ongoing, GOD AWFUL squeak in our brakes (have been "addressed" many times w/no luck) ... HARLEY HAS ISSUED A RECALL ON THE BRAKES ON ALMOST ALL H-D TRIKES!!

SO, CONTACT YOUR DEALERSHIP SO THEY CAN GET ALL YOUR PARTS IN AND YOUR TRIKE IS LAID UP FOR AS SHORT A TIME AS POSSIBLE!!!

Woo hoo ... no comments about the "squeaky wheel gets the grease," please.

Susie
I just went to the HD website and logged into my profile. There is no recall listed for my 2011 FLHXXX. I also called my local dealer and they said that they had no recall either. Called HD customer service also and they don't have any info on a recall for the brakes yet. Not sure where you got your info, but there isn't an official recall on my trike yet.

Bubba

Old 06-18-2013, 10:59 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubba49
I just went to the HD website and logged into my profile. There is no recall listed for my 2011 FLHXXX. I also called my local dealer and they said that they had no recall either. Called HD customer service also and they don't have any info on a recall for the brakes yet. Not sure where you got your info, but there isn't an official recall on my trike yet.

Bubba
I have a few MoCo contacts... will check with them for all TG models.

Should know something later today.

The following users liked this post:
Securtis12 (12-29-2017)
Old 06-20-2013, 03:44 PM
CRBandit
Cruiser

Any more word yet on this "supposed" brake recall? Thanks.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:04 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Sorry... been tied up.

My source says no recall is on the books.

Old 06-20-2013, 06:49 PM
Bubba49
Road Master
Received 420 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Sorry... been tied up.

My source says no recall is on the books.
Thanks Mr. Wizard. I didn't think there was one. Although, they may have been talking about the brake switch (which does nothing for squeaky brakes) that was recalled last year.

Bubba

Last edited by Bubba49; 06-22-2013 at 06:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Tri-Glide Issues