Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri-Glide Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 05:34 PM
Chums
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Barbra, I see in your picture that you have a seat cover. I wanted to ask how you like it and what kind it is? Is it hot in the summer? I bought my Tri Glide because of a broken tail bone that just won't heal and I could not bring myself to put a huge seat on my Streetglide. I am really liking the seat on my Tri Glide but always looking for ways to baby my behind even more. Thank you, Chums

Old 08-25-2013, 07:18 PM
brwk
Stage I

Just got my wife's 2012 TriG's brakes and rotors replaced free due to the squeak issue. I was told by my dealer that if you were still in warrant and had the issue....free replacement is yours.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:58 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Originally Posted by brwk
Just got my wife's 2012 TriG's brakes and rotors replaced free due to the squeak issue. I was told by my dealer that if you were still in warrant and had the issue....free replacement is yours.
He didn't happen to give you that Service Bulletin number did he?

Old 08-26-2013, 08:19 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

Don't know if it's the same issue, but when I brought my 2012 in for the 15K service last month, the service manager asked me if I ride with the parking brake on because he said he's never seen such damage before. They were replaced free.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:41 PM
erbssr
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
If you have the reverse engaged ( finger on button ) and hit the brake, you will kick the circuit breaker.
Good info. I did not know that. I tripped mine Sunday but thought it was because I was backing uphill. I may have hit the brake a little

Old 10-02-2013, 12:49 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,082 Likes on 3,484 Posts

Originally Posted by erbssr
Good info. I did not know that. I tripped mine Sunday but thought it was because I was backing uphill. I may have hit the brake a little
Also if you can work on it, remember to release the reverse button before you hit any brakes. Give it a half second to disengage the reverse drive before the wheels stop turning. It helps the reverse to not stick in when you start to move forward.

Old 10-18-2013, 01:32 PM
vicdelgrosso
Stage IV

i have just purchased a new 2014 triglide. if not in neutral, then you must have the brakes applied either foot or hand. mine starts if the brake is applied.
i also am one of the lucky ones that have been recalled after owning the bike for 5 days.

Old 10-18-2013, 02:38 PM
TheBobs
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by brwk
Just had my rotors and pads replaced for free. Same thing, Big Blue is still under warranty. 16K+ miles and the pads were wiped out and the rotors severely scored. If you want to invoke the TSB, key thing is to complain about noisy brakes. The cool dealers will probably type in the phrase, "Customer complains of excessive rear brake noise." That is if they are cool.

Old 10-18-2013, 03:01 PM
TheBobs
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

I just picked up Big Blue from the dealer. It has a little over 16K on the clock. Great dealer, great work.
Warranty work: repair oil leak in rear cylinder rocker cover, replace clutch cable due to oil leak at transmission, replace stripped transmission shift lever and linkage, replace deeply scored rear brake rotors and replace pads, replace iPod interface cable and clean up the oil mess top and bottom of engine.
Chargeable work: Oil change, replace front tire, install LED light inside the tourpac, replace primary chain tensioner (labor free), replace tail light bulb, and install V&H Twin Slash Rounds slipons.

Old 10-18-2013, 05:04 PM
Ddrod
Stage III

Try having a 2014 Ultra Glide .Trike that is having major coolant leaks ongoing and no end in sight! Ugh!

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 04-30-2016 at 03:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Tri-Glide Issues