Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Differences between FLHXXX & FLHCUTG?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 05:54 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,202 Likes on 713 Posts
Default Differences between FLHXXX & FLHCUTG?

The local dealer has both of these in stock. I don't know the prices as it is one of those fill out the quote request forms online. What the pictures show me is one has a tourpak with passenger backrest and arm rest and the other model doesn't.
Am I missing something and there are more differences than this? Can a tour pak be installed on the FLHXXX?

Old 12-13-2009, 06:27 PM
grandpawmoses
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rider1200
The local dealer has both of these in stock. I don't know the prices as it is one of those fill out the quote request forms online. What the pictures show me is one has a tourpak with passenger backrest and arm rest and the other model doesn't.
Am I missing something and there are more differences than this? Can a tour pak be installed on the FLHXXX?
I just looked at a FLHXXX with a tourpack in a dealer showroom so I know it can be done. The FLHTCUTG also has a different seat, engine guards with lower fairings, CB radio, intercom, higher windshield, and passing lamps to name a few.
GPM

Last edited by grandpawmoses; 12-13-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:58 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

For the price difference I am not sure it is worth it, maybe I am wrong but I am looking at how I would use the trike. To get me started I wouldn't need a intercom or CB. I could buy the other items as I saw a need for them.

Old 12-13-2009, 08:35 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For the price difference I am not sure it is worth it, maybe I am wrong but I am looking at how I would use the trike. To get me started I wouldn't need a intercom or CB. I could buy the other items as I saw a need for them.
As I recall, the price difference is under $3k and I suspect that it would cost more than that to attempt to make an Ultra TG out of a Street-Glide TG. Just price out a Tour-Pak, Seat, Passenger Back Rest, Passing Lamps, Crash Bars and Lower Fairings. With just those items you are probably close the price difference and you still don’t have the TG Wind Shield, Radio or CB.

IMO, if you like the S/G the way it is…fine but if your plan is to someday convert it to a Ultra…than I would just bite the bullet now and but the Ultra!

Old 12-14-2009, 03:34 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by TheJimer
As I recall, the price difference is under $3k and I suspect that it would cost more than that to attempt to make an Ultra TG out of a Street-Glide TG. Just price out a Tour-Pak, Seat, Passenger Back Rest, Passing Lamps, Crash Bars and Lower Fairings. With just those items you are probably close the price difference and you still don’t have the TG Wind Shield, Radio or CB.

IMO, if you like the S/G the way it is…fine but if your plan is to someday convert it to a Ultra…than I would just bite the bullet now and but the Ultra!
+1, I'd bite the bullet and get the Ultra vs spending more money doing it one piece at a time.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:24 AM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

If I bought the FLHXXX I would probably upgrade the seat as most stock seats aren't that comfortable to me. I would also buy a tour pak and windshield. But it would end there. I agree that if you wanted the Ultra you may as well buy it to begin with. I have seen prices vary more than 3K most of these sell with a security system included. I am not sure I understand having crash bars on a trike, I do a 2 wheeler. How do passing lamps differ from directional lights? I ride for the quiet being n the road gives me I don't want a radio blaring at me. I hear some riders go by my house that I can hear 1/4 mile before they get hear it just isn't my style.
If I had your money Jimer I would burn mine. J/K Seriously 3K could be a deal breaker for me. Heck I carry a cell phone I haven't used in almost a year. I carry it for emergencies. I have no plans to have a passanger ride with me so I don't need that extra. All I really care about is storage space for any long rides, having a comfortable seat and a windshield.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:32 AM
Ironhorsepilot
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like the Street Glide Trike is perfect for you. Besides, no one complains about them. I haven't heard or seen one complaint on any of the forums.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:53 AM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I bought the FLHXXX I would probably upgrade the seat as most stock seats aren't that comfortable to me. I would also buy a tour pak and windshield. But it would end there. I agree that if you wanted the Ultra you may as well buy it to begin with. I have seen prices vary more than 3K most of these sell with a security system included. I am not sure I understand having crash bars on a trike, I do a 2 wheeler. How do passing lamps differ from directional lights? I ride for the quiet being n the road gives me I don't want a radio blaring at me. I hear some riders go by my house that I can hear 1/4 mile before they get hear it just isn't my style.
If I had your money Jimer I would burn mine. J/K Seriously 3K could be a deal breaker for me. Heck I carry a cell phone I haven't used in almost a year. I carry it for emergencies. I have no plans to have a passanger ride with me so I don't need that extra. All I really care about is storage space for any long rides, having a comfortable seat and a windshield.
You have to do what you feel is best for you and the ONLY person you have to justify that decision to is: “YOURSELF”!

Good luck!

Old 12-14-2009, 01:17 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The case guards ( crash bars ) on the trike also serve a purpose of being the attachment point for the lowers. I'm not sure a radio is necessary in a car either. I very seldom have it on and I also hear car radios a 1/2 mile away.

I believe direction lamps are also called turn signals. Passing lamps are lamps on each side of the head light that helps illuminate the road and makes you more visible to oncoming traffic. If you switch on the high beam they go out.
It is quite obvious that you are easy to please. But please understand what is important to you is exactly that, important to you.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:54 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

I understand everyone is different and wants what they want. With this economy I have to work within a tight budget. I'll see how it goes when I get down to negotiating with the dealer.

Quick Reply: Differences between FLHXXX & FLHCUTG?