Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

TG Manuals

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Boom
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TG Manuals

Anybody got both Ultra Classic and Tri-Glide supplement service manuals? Are they worth the expense to have both or would the Ultra alone suffice? '09 or '10.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:14 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Boom
Anybody got both Ultra Classic and Tri-Glide supplement service manuals? Are they worth the expense to have both or would the Ultra alone suffice? '09 or '10.
I have the 2 wheel touring, the Triglide Supplement and the Parts manuals. I find all 3 invaluable. Depending on what your going to work on you may not find it in the TG supplement. A good example would be exhaust installation, you have to use the manual for the 2 wheel touring bikes to get the procedure and torque specifications because the TG supplement doesn't have it. The parts manual is good to have when you want to order parts from one of the 20 - 25% off dealers and the break downs are nice to have when you want to see all the pieces.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:17 PM
krw
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have both, great info.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Tri glide 10
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont have the Tri glide yet but on my old bike (Electra glide classic) I got on ebay and found it for $10. The person will send you a file to your email address and you down load it to your hard drive. From there you can print or copy to a CD. It works just like the $60 book.....

Old 01-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,037 Likes on 1,105 Posts

FYI

Take your manual to Kinko's and have them put it in a loose binder for 10 bucks. If you get it dirty, no problem. If you have it open to a certain page it won't close back on itself due to the thick spline. Comes in handy when your hands are greasy and you need to keep it open to a certain spot.

Old 01-09-2010, 06:32 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
FYI

Take your manual to Kinko's and have them put it in a loose binder for 10 bucks. If you get it dirty, no problem. If you have it open to a certain page it won't close back on itself due to the thick spline. Comes in handy when your hands are greasy and you need to keep it open to a certain spot.
That's a pretty neat idea, sure beats using a screwdriver, extension or ratchet to mark your spot.

Old 01-09-2010, 07:54 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,037 Likes on 1,105 Posts

I can't take credit for the idea. I saw it on another forum. I can't remember what the spline is called but it's the round plastic tube with about a dozen fingers that interlock the pages. I also had them tab the index and sections. *Caution* Don't lend it out, still waiting on my '10 to make it's way back home.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:02 AM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by msocko3
I have the 2 wheel touring, the Triglide Supplement and the Parts manuals. I find all 3 invaluable. Depending on what your going to work on you may not find it in the TG supplement. A good example would be exhaust installation, you have to use the manual for the 2 wheel touring bikes to get the procedure and torque specifications because the TG supplement doesn't have it. The parts manual is good to have when you want to order parts from one of the 20 - 25% off dealers and the break downs are nice to have when you want to see all the pieces.
Who is 25% off Best ive got was 20% free shippping at LSHD. 25% would be nicer.

Old 01-09-2010, 02:21 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by carlo
Who is 25% off Best ive got was 20% free shippping at LSHD. 25% would be nicer.
Every now and again I can find a part at Zanotti that hits close to 25% off. On average they are 20%.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Boom
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by msocko3
Every now and again I can find a part at Zanotti that hits close to 25% off. On average they are 20%.
Dam! My brother lives less than 10 miles from Zanotti's (if that's the one in Butler, PA). I'll have to stop by next time up this summer.

I also like that idea of downloading the manuals from vendor on Fleebay. With a fresh ream of paper, I can print it myself and stick it in a 3-ring binder.

Quick Reply: TG Manuals