Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Nice Christmas gift..........

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 09:18 AM
Boom
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nice Christmas gift..........

I have collected about six of the Franklin Mint models over the years. The scale is precise and the quality is excellent! Check out the red '47 fire chief servicar. Just might get that to add to my collection!

http://www.franklinmint.com/Harley-D...aspx?s=OrderBy ASC&p=1

Page 2 if the link doesn't work.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior

I think I now know why I've been having some bad luck with the new Tri. First the Pingle shifter taking a dump and now down for a rear end repaint. I forgot the Gremlin Bell on the Tri. I've had one on every bike since back in 67 when we used to chrome a small cow bell. Problem is it's supposed to be a gift, so I can't buy one for myself. I gave wifey the hint last night as she is PO'd that the bike is down for the repaint. We'll see if she comes home from shopping with a little gift (lol).

Old 12-05-2010, 10:51 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior

M1,
Got your PM and thanks for your consideration, that was very nice. I hope you received the second one I sent. Wifey got the hint and came home with one yesterday afternoon. Now it's just a metter of getting the bike back after the rear end repaint. The HD dealer called and they are supposed to have the parts to the custom painter on Monday. We are hoping to have the Tri back by next Saturday as it's our local bike night here in town. Told wifey not to bet on it and figure two weeks.

At least I've got her talked into going to bike week in Daytona and Sturgis if we can get the info from Bullet 10 and make the mechanical conversion by then. Once we get the bike back, she has agreed to learn how to ride it in the event that the Pingle takes another dump. I can see it now, me bitch packing behind wifey, OMG!!

Old 12-05-2010, 11:35 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddy WMC
M1,
Got your PM and thanks for your consideration, that was very nice. I hope you received the second one I sent. Wifey got the hint and came home with one yesterday afternoon. Now it's just a metter of getting the bike back after the rear end repaint. The HD dealer called and they are supposed to have the parts to the custom painter on Monday. We are hoping to have the Tri back by next Saturday as it's our local bike night here in town. Told wifey not to bet on it and figure two weeks.
You still never know what Santa will do.

Old 12-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Boom
Road Warrior

Around Veteran's Day, the dealers had a special where you buy a bell, and they send a bell to the troops with your signed card attached. I don't know if they have extended that into the Christmas season. It was a nice offer on their part. I haven't attached mine yet. Got to fabricate a plate so the bell won't fall off!

Old 12-05-2010, 01:17 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ho Ho Harley!

I got a 30T primary pulley and the tools for the installation for Christmas, just wish Santa would let some of his little elves do the intsallation. I may get the ol lady to get me the new chrome wheel for the front," she is so tired of trying to clean the OEM aluminum one" I bet she gets if for me!

I need to go ahead and get the Fuel Motto headpipe, warranty will be out soon.

To tell the truth I really wanted to rebuild the 427 for my ol 55 but the Tri takes all my hobby money!

Kinda like the grinch that stole Christmas....

Old 12-05-2010, 02:30 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by coupe55
I got a 30T primary pulley and the tools for the installation for Christmas, just wish Santa would let some of his little elves do the intsallation. I may get the ol lady to get me the new chrome wheel for the front," she is so tired of trying to clean the OEM aluminum one" I bet she gets if for me!

To tell the truth I really wanted to rebuild the 427 for my ol 55 but the Tri takes all my hobby money!

Surely you jest, you get your boss to clean the front rim?? I sure know my wouldn't do that.

Old 12-05-2010, 02:49 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Literary License

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
Surely you jest, you get your boss to clean the front rim?? I sure know my wouldn't do that.

Well may have embellished just a tad on that one, and the tools! Bought the pulley clamp for the 32T, working on fabricating the socket and bearing set! If I can't get the guys to make me a FUBAR clamp to get the 30T on with I'll just have to do surgery on the new one.

She has helped me once on the wheel, just wash and rinse but complained so much I would not even ask her to use the aluminum polish. I'm getting her a log splitter for Christmas, poor dear! I know she won't want to give up that mall and splitting wedge but she is getting kind of old now..

Old 12-05-2010, 04:49 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Coupe, I’m still on the fence if I’m going to go with the 30T yet. I’m going to wait for some positive road test reports from guys like you and the two Mike’s. However, after reading about buying tools and breaking ½ drives, I have decided that if I do go that route, I will farm the install out.

Good luck with your install! Keep us posted.

Jim

Old 12-05-2010, 05:07 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Coupe, tell your wife…”in for a penny…in for a pound”! You have to chrome the rears if you do the front. You know that I would never criticize you for that but you have to watch out for that “Old Mike” guy; that’s just the type of thing he would jump all over!

Jim

Quick Reply: Nice Christmas gift..........