Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Heat on Right Leg

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 06:27 PM
Rob C
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heat on Right Leg

My wife has a 2010 Triglide and has very short legs, her right leg rests on the aircleaner and gets very hot. Any ideas out there on how to fix this problem?

Old 12-13-2010, 07:09 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cool Thighs

Originally Posted by Rob C
My wife has a 2010 Triglide and has very short legs, her right leg rests on the aircleaner and gets very hot. Any ideas out there on how to fix this problem?
See the sticky on this forum, Tri Glide on titled A+B=C Rider Comfort on reducing radiated heat. You may want to check on the cooling modifications some of us have done to reduce operating temperatures.

I would recommend floor board extensions and wrapping the down tubes and headpipe. Really if you have not removed the catalytic converter you should do that first.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:59 PM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 604 Likes on 326 Posts

We are a sponsor here and make a product called a Crotch Cooler..here is a link of what a lot of folks here have to say about our product,it would definitely help her.Thank You https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...that-work.html

Old 12-14-2010, 07:09 AM
Mike T
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't cover up the primary problem.The bike is running too lean,more fuel,less heat.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:05 AM
icebite1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As mentioned read posts on heat mods. My sig. lists what i have done to wifes trike. In addition i added a reach seat also as my wife is short. You can also try the zippers hiflo air cleaner, it keeps the same position as stock but backing plate is way more open giving more air flow

Last edited by icebite1; 12-14-2010 at 08:16 AM.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:06 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 604 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike T
Don't cover up the primary problem.The bike is running too lean,more fuel,less heat.
Our product is not just a cover up if she has short legs the hot components will always be a problem..We have 3 fuel injected Harleys all with fuel management from Fuel motto,while it helps the bikes run cooler and better the heat is still a problem..it is an air cooled motor..

Old 12-14-2010, 08:31 AM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain Itch
Our product is not just a cover up if she has short legs the hot components will always be a problem..We have 3 fuel injected Harleys all with fuel management from Fuel motto,while it helps the bikes run cooler and better the heat is still a problem..it is an air cooled motor..
Itch, a cover up can be a good thing, added to the cooling mods! Don't that product cover a little of that air cleaner, "keeping her leg off the direct contact with the cover". I assume it extends a little beyond the mid frame heat deflectors. I also like the easy installation.

I also like the bling, you got those in a studded version yet!

Old 12-14-2010, 09:20 AM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike T
There is no single solution to the heat problem, it takes a combination of items to significantly reduce the heat. After accomplishing that, than some creature comforts such as foot pegs, extended floorboards and wrapping the head pipes, V-twin heat deflectors, all make for a tolerable ride.

Jim

Old 12-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Boom
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Highway pegs on the engine guard (if it's a TG Ultra) are a great relief to pull the legs up and away from the engine.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:44 AM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I will Have to say that the captians crotch cooler will do wonders, I had the same problem with heat on my right leg, put a crotch cooler on and problem went away.

Quick Reply: Heat on Right Leg