Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri Glide on a Trailer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 02:38 PM
427Dave
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tri Glide on a Trailer?

Anyone out there have any recomendations on a trailer to carry my Tri Glide. I have a Kendon single bike trailer that I am going to sell as the trike will not fit on it. I need a trailer that will fold up for storage. I am not allowed to store trailers outside the garage.

I sent Kendon an email on their recommendation and they said they do Not have a trailer for a trike, but they are working on designing one and have one proto type that may become available soon.

Also the $3000 + price seems a little much.

Thanks for suggestions.

Dave

Old 02-27-2011, 04:18 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,941 Likes on 1,925 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Lots of different and cool people to meet here. You are in the right place.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:05 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 286 Likes on 190 Posts

Aluma TK1. But they don't fold up

Old 02-28-2011, 07:25 AM
Keystone
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Casper
Aluma TK1. But they don't fold up

If I was going to buy a trailer to pull my TG on, that would be my choice too.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:53 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I just recently purchased a Haulmark Low Hauler MC trailor and it appears to be a decent trailor.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:55 AM
pork
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default we have a good one

We use a Kendon two bike trailer for my wife's TriGlide, and it works great. I moved one of the wheel chocks to the center. I also bought two aluminum ramps at Lowe's for the rear wheels. They are the kind that are raised in the middle, which avoids any chance that the middle of the trike will bottom out on the rear edge of the trailer. I use the Kendon ramp for the front wheel. It drives on and off like a dream, and I can even push it on by hand with my wife on board. Maybe you can find a used one.

I tie it on with the straps that came with the trailer, usually one on the front wheel and three on each side, but that's probably overkill. It tows like a dream, and the trike doesn't bounce around at all. I've done it with and without the stone guard. I carry the two new ramps on the trailer, stowed underneath the trike and tied down, with the original ramp stowed on its original mount under the trailer.

I will attach some pictures if I can figure out how. If there are no pictures attached, send me an email and I will email them to you.

Last edited by pork; 09-19-2012 at 11:44 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:28 AM
moondog99
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A standard 5 x 10 utility trailer will do just fine and they dont cost more than $900 for the heavy duty model with a 3500 lbs axel. Plus you can use it for other things when you need a trailer. I understand you can not keep it at your house but maybe you and a buddy can split the cost and he can keep it at his house. HOA can be a pain, one of the main reasons I moved to the country.

Attached Thumbnails Tri Glide on a Trailer?-04_5x10wf_ot_lg.jpg  

Last edited by moondog99; 03-03-2011 at 06:31 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:16 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moondog99
A standard 5 x 10 utility trailer will do just fine and they dont cost more than $900 for the heavy duty model with a 3500 lbs axel. Plus you can use it for other things when you need a trailer. I understand you can not keep it at your house but maybe you and a buddy can split the cost and he can keep it at his house. HOA can be a pain, one of the main reasons I moved to the country.
This is similar to the trailer ours was a 12x6 that we rented from a local dealer for our trip to Doc's Performance. Towed like a dream, but be careful loading. We needed 2x4's under the ramp and under the jack. We also had to jack the trailer up in the front while still hitched up to get a better angle to keep from draggging the exhausts. The dealer here quoted me $1200.00 with some options like built in tie down points, a spare tire and an aluminum floor vs the standard wood.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:21 AM
bronxbill
Road Warrior

Received 458 Likes on 281 Posts

I would be a little careful of using a 5x10, that only leaves you 3 inches on either side of the fenders. It the trike moves sideways, you'll have fender damage

Old 03-03-2011, 11:55 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bronxbill
I would be a little careful of using a 5x10, that only leaves you 3 inches on either side of the fenders. It the trike moves sideways, you'll have fender damage
The smallest I would even consider would be a 6X10.

Quick Reply: Tri Glide on a Trailer?