Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

What to look for in exhaust for the trikes?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 04:37 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by coupe55
Me make own Xhaust 4 trke, 0 cat r u really that into texting you can't take enough time to type a complete word on a forum. Muflr for tri all over, same mtrcycle..
What did you say?? I didn't understand a word.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:49 AM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RU got MuflR

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
What did you say?? I didn't understand a word.
Yea! I guess I'm ol school, not really up on these texting abbreviations "LOL"..Hate to see the forum deteriorate to post where no one uses whole words and complete sentences! r u with me!..."LOL"

Old 08-02-2011, 01:37 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Texting on a Forum

Originally Posted by hdivy
Who make the slip on muffler for the trikes or r u get them for a motorcycle?
Do you mean? Who makes the slip on mufflers for the trikes or do you "can you" use the mufflers made for Motorcycles?

If you are to lazy to type it out full words and full sentence, I'm to lazy to respond...

Old 08-02-2011, 01:40 PM
Boom
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HogAir
I had the dealer do the head pipes, mufflers, AC and cams. Hopefully when the Deluxe mufflers show up on Thursday and I get the trike on the ramps it won't be as tough as it looks. The rubber spacers looks like the problem area for access to the rear mounting bolts.

This could be a six packer...
Yep, sounds about right. Ya got to have nimble fingers to get in there. Especially with those larger rubber mounts on the 11s and 12s!

BTW, I would say that is another 11 mod that should be retro on everyone's '09 and '10 models like the 30 tooth pulley - that larger rubber mount for each muffler slip-on. I had already had my original rubber mount slip off on the right muffler and it was bangin' around like nobody's business!

Last edited by Boom; 08-02-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:26 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member

Originally Posted by Boom
Yep, sounds about right. Ya got to have nimble fingers to get in there. Especially with those larger rubber mounts on the 11s and 12s!

BTW, I would say that is another 11 mod that should be retro on everyone's '09 and '10 models like the 30 tooth pulley - that larger rubber mount for each muffler slip-on. I had already had my original rubber mount slip off on the right muffler and it was bangin' around like nobody's business!
I had to replace mine right away. I was on a trip and they came loose 3 different times. What a pain to lay on your back in a motel parking lot to fix it.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:31 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member

Originally Posted by coupe55
Yea! I guess I'm ol school, not really up on these texting abbreviations "LOL"..Hate to see the forum deteriorate to post where no one uses whole words and complete sentences! r u with me!..."LOL"
I refuse to text.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:42 PM
Keystone
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have been extremely happy with my 50 state legal EPA compliant HD Screaming Eagle FatShotz. They are made by Super Trapp yet somehow remain legal. Nice deep bass tone and not too noisy either.

Last edited by Keystone; 08-02-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:11 PM
pettifogger1
Tourer

I refuse to text.
I guess I'm old school too. I can't figure out texting. You are sitting there with a telephone in your hand, yet you are typing your message? The only excuse I have ever heard is that if no one is home you can leave a text message, which is silly since every cell phone has voice mail. I don't read or answer text messages.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Boom
Road Warrior

I had to replace mine right away. I was on a trip and they came loose 3 different times. What a pain to lay on your back in a motel parking lot to fix it.
I've been on my back in a motel parking lot before for reasons I won't get into!

Old 08-02-2011, 09:40 PM
hdivy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm very sorry for posting or getting on this forum. I will not b on here again. Y'all can have the forum for yourself.

Quick Reply: What to look for in exhaust for the trikes?