Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Need new bars?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 10:25 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts
Default Need new bars?

I going to replace my stock bars with some type of pullback bars,
How does the Harley touring bars, http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US compare to the WO 575 bars?
Any recommendations?
My sleve lenth is 32"

Old 09-18-2011, 07:29 AM
Boom
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't give you a comparison but I'm satisfied with my WO575s. Maybe another inch or inch and a half pullback would be nice but I like to "recline" more on my TG. The 575s are more expensive and more labor to stuff the wires inside for a nice clean look. A 4" longer clutch cable was required plus splicing the wire lengths. My sleeve length also 32". You may have to make chart comparisons on both for rise and pullback.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:48 AM
T K Glider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I raised my stock bars 1",that has really helped my riding comfort.
T K

Old 09-18-2011, 08:42 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member

I'm also looking at the khrome werks +2 Sweepers....

Old 09-18-2011, 11:18 AM
FLTR2008TRIKE
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Casper
I'm also looking at the khrome werks +2 Sweepers....
I have the +2's sweepers on my Roadglide and couldnt be happier. Because they are not as big in diameter as Chubby Bars I dont think you can get your wiring internally. Since Roadglides come with stock wide bars, I didnt have to buy anything additional to use the Khrome Werks bars

My Bars

Attached Thumbnails Need new bars?-004a.jpg  
Old 09-18-2011, 12:15 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by FLTR2008TRIKE
I have the +2's sweepers on my Roadglide and couldnt be happier. Because they are not as big in diameter as Chubby Bars I dont think you can get your wiring internally. Since Roadglides come with stock wide bars, I didnt have to buy anything additional to use the Khrome Werks bars

My Bars
I did the same on my 2010 RG, you can get the wires inside, but it's a job.

How are they for steering the trike? I liked them on the 2 wheeler but didn't know about the trike...are the bars too far away from you when steering in corners...?
Thanks

Old 09-18-2011, 12:18 PM
pettifogger1
Tourer

I have used all three bars mentioned. I put on a set of the +2 Khromewerks sweepers and absolutely did not like the final grip position. One response mentioned the Khromewerks on a RoadGlide. They might work better on a RoadGlide because there is more clearance between the fairing and the bar. On a Bat Wing bike, I could not rotate the Khromewerks up enough before they hit the fairing and it gave me a horrible grip angle. Put on a set of the Harley bars mentioned in the original post. Liked them a LOT better than the Khromewerks. Raised the grip a bit and put them back a couple of inches. Traded for an 11 Trike and tried the WO 575s. Like them the best for the TRIKE. The WO 575 bars are 4" wider than the Harley bar. On my 09 Electra Glide I didn't like the extra width. However, on the Trike the extra width is an advantage as it lessens the steering effort a bit. Somewhere in these threads I posted pictures of the WO 575s with measurements on the Trike. As far as feeding wires, lots of people say its easier on the WO 575 because it is bigger in diameter. This is incorrect. The Chubbys are NOT 1 1/4" bars. They are one inch bars with sleeves installed on some of the visible areas. The ID on the Khromewerks, the Harley bar and the WO series is the same.

Old 09-18-2011, 12:25 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member

Pettifogger
I did read your post, very informative...I'm considering the WO 575 bars...theyre the moss expensive, but I only want to do this once....so price is not the most determining factor....found some from eBay sellers for 182.00

Gonna look around for the best price on them....I have the + 6 inch clutch cable and 8 inch TBW extension....

Thanks

Old 09-18-2011, 12:41 PM
pettifogger1
Tourer

Here's where I bought mine. Fast service and the price includes shipping.

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/...BW_p/wo575.htm

Old 09-18-2011, 01:04 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member

Checked eBay again, 192.95 free shipping....Eastern Performance

Quick Reply: Need new bars?