Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/tri-glide-rg3-and-freewheeler-models-151/)
-   -   2010 Tri Glide exhaust change over (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/tri-glide-rg3-and-freewheeler-models/702772-2010-tri-glide-exhaust-change-over.html)

Boom 03-19-2012 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by hdivy (Post 9539268)
So u have to run them with o2 's unhook and not have to remap it?

The Power Commander V came from Fuelmoto with a map loaded that they developed in their shop. Engine runs well for my configuration.

bronxbill 03-19-2012 10:46 AM

On mine, I didn't even bother to remove the O2 sensors from the old head pipe. I just used the supplied plugs for the bungs. The PCV is designed to run with the O2 sensors disconnected

hdivy 03-19-2012 08:54 PM

so i have to buy a turner if i run a catless head pipe..

oldmsocko 03-20-2012 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by hdivy (Post 9546792)

You will need to be able to adjust your air/fuel ratio somehow.

msocko3 03-20-2012 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by hdivy (Post 9546792)

A tuner would be the best direction or you could go with XIED's from these folks http://sales.nightrider.com/Touring_c_16.html.

hdivy 03-21-2012 08:15 AM

Well I had a
Power comm on my hd street glide and I did not like it at all. Hard to get it to crank and sometime it idle and some time it would not. I think I just keep it stock.

I have a stock head pipe with the cat removed for sale.

Noble Jim 03-21-2012 09:19 AM

Cobras

Originally Posted by harleynewher (Post 8986781)
I was thinking of changing my stock mufflers over to something a little more exciting. I noticed that the stock left muffler is different than the right side.
The right side seems to be straight through design, but the left side has a plug inside about 8" in. I was wondering if this is there for a reason?
What will work on a 2010 Tri Glide? Do I have to change the head pipes or can I just use the slip on kind of muffler?
Has any one used the Cobra Tri-Ovals on their trike and how do you like them?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Yes, I have the Cobra Tri-Ovals on my 2012 Tri Glide. They look good, sound great. Keep in mind that the rear of the TG is pretty low to the ground and the tri-ovals go closer to the ground than the stock mufflers. I dragged mine slightly twice, but would not change them, just watch where you go. BTW, no damage to them at all. Good luck with your decision.

TaylorMcStrat 03-21-2012 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Noble Jim (Post 9553325)
Yes, I have the Cobra Tri-Ovals on my 2012 Tri Glide. They look good, sound great. Keep in mind that the rear of the TG is pretty low to the ground and the tri-ovals go closer to the ground than the stock mufflers. I dragged mine slightly twice, but would not change them, just watch where you go. BTW, no damage to them at all. Good luck with your decision.

You need to put on shock lifts and the TourPac relocator rails from Dennis at tglidestuff.com. Don't try to get cheap and buy inferior stuff off eBay. Get the real thing from Dennis. Thank me later.

They are the best single upgrade you can get for your TG. I no longer drag my pipes, I can run a lower psi in the shocks, and the TP relocator rails allowed me to level the TP while setting it back another inch. All these adjustments make for a MUCh smoother ride, and my wife is very pleased with the results when we ride 2-up. I am happy I'm not dragging my arse around town.

msocko3 03-21-2012 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by TaylorMcStrat (Post 9554195)
You need to put on shock lifts and the TourPac relocator rails from Dennis at tglidestuff.com. Don't try to get cheap and buy inferior stuff off eBay. Get the real thing from Dennis. Thank me later.

They are the best single upgrade you can get for your TG. I no longer drag my pipes, I can run a lower psi in the shocks, and the TP relocator rails allowed me to level the TP while setting it back another inch. All these adjustments make for a MUCh smoother ride, and my wife is very pleased with the results when we ride 2-up. I am happy I'm not dragging my arse around town.

+1 on the shock lifts, Dennis is the only place to go. The ones on Ebay are third rate with some pretty sloppy workmanship.