Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tri-glide monotubes

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 01:58 PM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just FYI,

As a follow up, Joe Cutshall owner of ***** Shiney sent me a replacement wheel that is absolutely beautiful in appearance. Had the new wheel mounted and balanced on Saturday. I recommend him highly for any chrome items that you may need that he sells. Joe is a stand up guy and even paid for the shipping both ways from Florida to California. This is the kind of businessman that we need to support. That being said, he stands behind his products and can use our support. Soon as all my front end parts arrrive he'll be getting my order for a front wheel. Just wanted you all to know how this gentleman takes care of his customers.
Buddy.....

Old 01-12-2012, 03:56 PM
paw paw willie
Banned
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Buddy, Was that you I saw today going north on 17 at I 75 at around 2 pm? It was a black TG with crutches on the tour pac and a handicapped tag. Willie

Old 01-13-2012, 07:31 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by paw paw willie
Buddy, Was that you I saw today going north on 17 at I 75 at around 2 pm? It was a black TG with crutches on the tour pac and a handicapped tag. Willie
Sorry, no that wasn't me. Wish I could have seen how those crutches were mounted. My trike has a DV tag on her, maybe we can get together next time I run up to Black Widow. Soon as my front spacers get back from Chromemasters I'll be taking her up there for the front end changeover. The monotubes are in at Tucker Rocky and on the way to us now.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior

Hello All,
Just wanted to report back on the Progressive monotube install. Finally was able to get to my dealer and have the monotubes and chrome lowers installed along with the Diamondback stainless front brake lines. All of the stock front end hardware was also replaced with Diamond polished stainless fasteners,washers and nuts. Total cost for the job was $351.00 including a set of chrome HD axle caps and a set of SE plug wires. I supplied all of the parts and fluids.

All I can say is that the handling is much better. The front tire stays planted and the brake dive is dramatically improved. You really have to expierence the ride to appreciate the difference. The service manager was so impressed after riding my trike that he immediately ordered a set for his bagger on the spot. Now I'm just waiting for Joe at ***** Shiney to send me a chrome front wheel that's been backordered!

Kudos to Progressive for offering a great product that really makes an improvement over the stock front suspension.

Last edited by Buddy WMC; 03-04-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:06 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

When I have to replace the oil in my sliders I will install the cartridges.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:21 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
When I have to replace the oil in my sliders I will install the cartridges.
+1, I'll end of doing both my trike and bike when I need an oil change.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:34 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior

M1&M3,
Guaranteed you will like them. Make sure that you order the standard length kits for the Tri's and use only one C clip per the directions. M3, on your bagger you'll will probably have to use 2 C clips. 5 oz of 10 weight fork oil per tube and you are good to go, used PJ1 on mine. I only let the dealer do the install for a reason, we don't have a trike lift yet in the shop.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:16 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddy WMC
M1&M3,
Guaranteed you will like them. Make sure that you order the standard length kits for the Tri's and use only one C clip per the directions. M3, on your bagger you'll will probably have to use 2 C clips. 5 oz of 10 weight fork oil per tube and you are good to go, used PJ1 on mine. I only let the dealer do the install for a reason, we don't have a trike lift yet in the shop.
Thanks for the info, my 06 Ultra is lowered. You could have done the install, this is how I did them before I got a lift.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:59 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior

Also forgot to mention that we can't get a trike inside our shop. We didn't want to take a chance on having to leave her outside overnight. Thout about doing it in my garage, but we knew we would have forgotten a tool or something we would have needed. No big deal she's all done except for the front wheel. That we are going to do in my garage with the dame type of lift in your pic. Thanks bud and ride safe.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:48 AM
03 Softail
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when installing the monotubes, what parts do you need to reuse from the old
forks, do you need to use any of the bushings and do you need to install a new forks
seals.
thanks