Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

2013 Tri Glide in my near future

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 04:13 PM
harleyrider000
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Tri Glide in my near future

The 2013 Tri Glide is such a sweet bike,The new soild red color just pops,can anyone tell me if any of the 2012 add ones will fit the 2013

Old 08-28-2012, 04:49 PM
RAP
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As far as I can tell everything that will fit a 2012 should fit the 2013.

Old 08-28-2012, 05:17 PM
bronxbill
Road Warrior

Received 457 Likes on 281 Posts

I've seen the new 2013 catalog, everything for the 2012 fits 2013.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:32 PM
Delta
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Pretty much anything from the P&A Book in the Touring Section will fit. It will usually state if it doesn't. Heck, I've got take offs from my 2004 & 2008 Ultras on my 2012 Trike. The dealer keeps telling me all my add-ons don't increase the value of the trade, so I take everything off and sell it or use it.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:30 PM
usmc68
Cruiser

Originally Posted by harleyrider000
The 2013 Tri Glide is such a sweet bike,The new soild red color just pops,can anyone tell me if any of the 2012 add ones will fit the 2013
According to the spec sheet nothing changed .Only cosmetic dirrerance
is reflectors on rear of fenders

Old 08-28-2012, 08:13 PM
harleyrider000
Advanced

Thanks for all the replys,Looks like the last week of September or first week of October is when ill buy the Tri Glide.I have retired from the fire service and this is what I get for working for 41 years,Time to enjoy life in the open air

Old 08-28-2012, 11:29 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,576 Likes on 1,637 Posts

I considered a Tri-Glide for my next bike.

However, my wife says that I'm not old enough for a trike so now I'm going either with an Ultra Limited or a CVO Screaming Eagle Ultra!

Old 08-29-2012, 07:00 AM
TaylorMcStrat
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 2AMGuy
I considered a Tri-Glide for my next bike.

However, my wife says that I'm not old enough for a trike so now I'm going either with an Ultra Limited or a CVO Screaming Eagle Ultra!
Funny how age is almost always mentioned with a TG. I have a TG because I wanted the comfort, added safety, and storage on the TG. I don't need it because I'm some old geezer who can't get it up on two wheels anymore.

As expected, I always get a lot of questions when I am out and about on my trike. Inevitably, someone brings up the age issue. They'll say, "Well, that's a nice option. None of us are getting any younger." I say, "I own it simply because I LIKE it. You can, too."

Everybody likes to tease the triker - until they need a spare wrench, a first aid kit, or a CB to call for assistance. They're large and fat geezer glides, until you need one to tailgun a group of bikes in the rain on the interstate, or need a passenger seat for someone's old lady whose **** is sore from bouncing 200 miles on a Dyna.

It's a messed up stereotype, and we trikers need to step up and and say that owning a trike isn't necessarily an age thing. It can be a choice.

I am also in a bike club, and get teased for not having tattoos, earrings, or a beer belly. I say, "Fat tattooted bikers with earrings rolling on a bagger with mini-apes are as image conformist as a Catholic girls' prep school. That style makes them look like every other 'rebel' biker. Hey, no tatts and earrings makes me a real rebel. Riding a trike is just the icing on the cake."

Last edited by TaylorMcStrat; 08-29-2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:25 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 286 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by TaylorMcStrat
Funny how age is almost always mentioned with a TG. I have a TG because I wanted the comfort, added safety, and storage on the TG. I don't need it because I'm some old geezer who can't get it up on two wheels anymore.

As expected, I always get a lot of questions when I am out and about on my trike. Inevitably, someone brings up the age issue. They'll say, "Well, that's a nice option. None of us are getting any younger." I say, "I own it simply because I LIKE it. You can, too."

Everybody likes to tease the triker - until they need a spare wrench, a first aid kit, or a CB to call for assistance. They're large and fat geezer glides, until you need one to tailgun a group of bikes in the rain on the interstate, or need a passenger seat for someone's old lady whose **** is sore from bouncing 200 miles on a Dyna.

It's a messed up stereotype, and we trikers need to step up and and say that owning a trike isn't necessarily an age thing. It can be a choice.

I am also in a bike club, and get teased for not having tattoos, earrings, or a beer belly. I say, "Fat tattooted bikers with earrings rolling on a bagger with mini-apes are as image conformist as a Catholic girls' prep school. That style makes them look like every other 'rebel' biker. Hey, no tatts and earrings makes me a real rebel. Riding a trike is just the icing on the cake."
Well stated! Trailers are the same way, riders laugh until someone says " can I put my stuff in your trailer". We should charge for riding on the rear seat of a trike or hauling their stuff....but we don't...that's they way we roll....

Old 08-29-2012, 11:24 AM
harleyrider000
Advanced

I have chosen a Trike because Ive had two minor back surgerys and at times my right leg gets weak plus I just like the stance,look,and feel of the Trike.Anyone can say or think what they want that doesn't bother me at all.Im way past all that in my life,Plus ,this is a retirement present to myself and the new solid color red is just the best looking bike Ive ever seen

Quick Reply: 2013 Tri Glide in my near future