Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Tour-pak rack, and rear fender bra ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 09:57 AM
j79phan
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tour-pak rack, and rear fender bra ?'s

Anyone using the black tour-pak rack? Wondering how they hold up against scuffing?

Rear fender bra's. Any problems with getting debris between them and fenders causing scratches? Easy on/off when washing the bike?
On the same subject, how about the fairing bra?
Realizing some light scuffing might occur, that doesn't concern me as much, long as it will easily buff out.
I've used the 3-M film in other applications before with good results, but would rather go with the bra's if they aren't going to cause too many headaches.

I live in the midwest, but take a trip or 3 each year out west.
The short summers in the mountains also means a short road construction season.
Which I always seem to time perfectly and wind up in a mud and/or gravel storm.

Thanks

Old 12-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Delta
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

The black rack seems to scuff, even though I thought I was being careful. I still like it better then the chrome version. Shows anyone that cares that it has been used for its intended purpose.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:33 AM
j79phan
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Delta
The black rack seems to scuff, even though I thought I was being careful. I still like it better then the chrome version. Shows anyone that cares that it has been used for its intended purpose.
Good point.

Semper Fi

Old 12-02-2012, 05:21 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by j79phan
Rear fender bra's. Any problems with getting debris between them and fenders causing scratches? Easy on/off when washing the bike?
On the same subject, how about the fairing bra?
Realizing some light scuffing might occur, that doesn't concern me as much, long as it will easily buff out.

.Thanks
I prefer the 3M film. Looks good and protects very well. I have it on my 09 TG and it still looks good.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:27 AM
Delta
Road Master

+1 on 3M. My wife put a scuff mark on the right fender with her boot heel. I've tried everything to remove it. Any ideas? (I don't want to use petroleum based products on it and am leery of using a buffer)

Old 12-02-2012, 10:38 AM
Postal Trucker
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Delta
+1 on 3M. My wife put a scuff mark on the right fender with her boot heel. I've tried everything to remove it. Any ideas? (I don't want to use petroleum based products on it and am leery of using a buffer)
I use a product called finese, it is a fine polishing compound. Cleans it up real nice. You can find it at most auto paint stores. Ot also works great on those nasty swirls, that seem to show up when cleaning the bike.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Delta
Road Master

Guess I should have been clearer in my post. It's not the paint that is scuffed but the 3M film that is on the fender.

Old 12-02-2012, 04:48 PM
Skeet7373
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Several owners have the bra's, but have found they will wear off the paint. As in another post, I have the film products all over mine..

Old 12-03-2012, 05:53 AM
Bubba49
Road Master
Received 424 Likes on 139 Posts

I put the tank bra on my 09 TG and it collected debris and was a pain in the butt to remove prior to washing. I use the 3-M film on my 11 XXX and I love it. What I like about the 3-M film is that it remains on the trike for washings.

I went to a stealership this Saturday and actually thought about the fairing bra until I remembered the issues I had removing the tank bra for washings.

Bubba

Old 12-03-2012, 11:43 AM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

I have fender bras and tank bra on my '09.....don't remove for washing. Had the fairing bra on until Mike Sr asked if I painted the fairing (lol)....went out and took off immediately. Anyone want a fairing bra, let me know.

Quick Reply: Tour-pak rack, and rear fender bra ?'s