Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

110 anniversary trike

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 08:06 PM
rak1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
I didn't know there was a 2012 Anniversary Model or am I miss reading something.
Yes you're missing something.... I didn't say it was a 2012 anniversary model; I said I was looking at them before I bought my 2012 trike in 2012... .

My second question would be why are you even quoting something that has nothing to do with anything? Or am I missing something.....

Last edited by rak1; 02-13-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:29 AM
Rich B.
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Because of the overlapping time period, dealerships will usually have current model year bikes/trikes on the floor right next to upcoming year models. My trike was purchased in 2011 but I had the choice of a 2012 sitting along side it. I was stuck on the solo, big blue pearl color of the 11 and just didn't want the two tone mix of the 12. So the 11 it was.

Some people will argue that my trike was already one model year old when it was purchased, and that is correct, but, if you get what you want and you can bargain a few extra bucks back into your pocket because of this, the task is complete. Besides, I knew both the 11 & 12 had the same HD updates.

When I first saw the 2013, 110th Anniversary trike I can't say I was blown away by the color combo. It's nice, but I wouldn't pay the extra coin for it, even with the other Anniversary add-on's. Others will love it. On the other hand, I am a past owner of two copper & black, 105th Anniversary bikes, a Street Glide and an Ultra Classic. Talk about a strange color combo...but I liked it and that's what mattered. My wife lovingly referred to them as the Duracell Twins.

BTW has anybody else noticed that HD is introducing a lot of Anniversary models lately? Sportsters, V-Rods, bikes and trikes. It seems like every year HD has an Anniversary model for something or other in the line-up. Marketing!
R

Old 02-14-2013, 02:40 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rak1
Yes you're missing something.... I didn't say it was a 2012 anniversary model; I said I was looking at them before I bought my 2012 trike in 2012... .

My second question would be why are you even quoting something that has nothing to do with anything? Or am I missing something.....
Last time I knew this was an internet formun and I basically can say what I want as long as I am not disrecpectful. Your statement did not make sense to me and I made a comment. My bad. It is fairly easy for you, just don't read my posts as I will ignore yours. MY BAD. I certainly miss understood you as your post was very confusing to me and I am sorry for that.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:45 PM
rak1
Tourer

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
Last time I knew this was an internet formun and I basically can say what I want as long as I am not disrecpectful. Your statement did not make sense to me and I made a comment. My bad. It is fairly easy for you, just don't read my posts as I will ignore yours. MY BAD. I certainly miss understood you as your post was very confusing to me and I am sorry for that.
No, I think your the only one who is confused. It's been fun.... I promise to read every post you submit an reply in return.......

Old 02-14-2013, 02:49 PM
rak1
Tourer

Oh and "formun" is spelled FORUM.... better use spell check next time....

Old 02-14-2013, 02:51 PM
rak1
Tourer

Now on a personal note I have no problem with you and have always liked your help and replies on this forum but I think you are going a little overboard on this post... JMHO...

Old 02-14-2013, 03:09 PM
rak1
Tourer

Originally Posted by Rich B.
Because of the overlapping time period, dealerships will usually have current model year bikes/trikes on the floor right next to upcoming year models. My trike was purchased in 2011 but I had the choice of a 2012 sitting along side it. I was stuck on the solo, big blue pearl color of the 11 and just didn't want the two tone mix of the 12. So the 11 it was.

Some people will argue that my trike was already one model year old when it was purchased, and that is correct, but, if you get what you want and you can bargain a few extra bucks back into your pocket because of this, the task is complete. Besides, I knew both the 11 & 12 had the same HD updates.

When I first saw the 2013, 110th Anniversary trike I can't say I was blown away by the color combo. It's nice, but I wouldn't pay the extra coin for it, even with the other Anniversary add-on's. Others will love it. On the other hand, I am a past owner of two copper & black, 105th Anniversary bikes, a Street Glide and an Ultra Classic. Talk about a strange color combo...but I liked it and that's what mattered. My wife lovingly referred to them as the Duracell Twins.

BTW has anybody else noticed that HD is introducing a lot of Anniversary models lately? Sportsters, V-Rods, bikes and trikes. It seems like every year HD has an Anniversary model for something or other in the line-up. Marketing!
R
I would guess it's a way for HD to make money now so they most likely will continue to do it. I agree 100% with the colors on the 105 Anniversary models; I liked the colors on some models but on other models they looked a little unbalanced. I had to sell my 105 Custom Softail because of my knee issues but I thought the colors looked good… Now the 2013 Anniversary trike looks great and would like to have bought one but I decided to go more basic with the Vivid Black figuring I’m going to customize the tank sometime down the road to give it a little style anyways….

Old 02-14-2013, 03:09 PM
kookie 696969
Intermediate

Just looked at the dealers website that I traded in our 2010 triglide to and they are asking 1400 more for it than what we payed for it 3 years ago brand new so I guess they don't only hold their value they increase in value!!!

Old 02-14-2013, 03:16 PM
rak1
Tourer

Originally Posted by kookie 696969
Just looked at the dealers website that I traded in our 2010 triglide to and they are asking 1400 more for it than what we payed for it 3 years ago brand new so I guess they don't only hold their value they increase in value!!!
That's the feeling I get too since most that buy trikes keep them until they stop riding and even with high mileage they keep a good value which is a great advantage unlike other models... My dealer told me they very rarely get trade-in' trikes and the new models fly out the door.

Last edited by rak1; 02-14-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:25 PM
kookie 696969
Intermediate

They are asking 28,888 and someone will be very happy with it. It's vivid black and was tough to keep clean on our 1/2 mile of dirt road we live on, I'm hoping the new color is easier to keep clean. Or at least hide the water spots. Lol

Quick Reply: 110 anniversary trike