Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Need some advice from those that know

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 10:26 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

When the wife got hers we looked at converting her 2008 Streetglide. With what we got in trade for the SG, there was only about 3,000 difference in price between the Tri, and what it would have cost to trike the SG with paint, reverse, rake, etc., and we got a 103 Ultra with a two year warranty.

Bill

Old 04-14-2013, 12:05 PM
Hard Ride
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

TriGlide ...no abs...no IRS...get it all with Motortrike...you can build a better trike than Harley makes...Harley warranty sucks to start with if you do mods...then again if you want a stock ride then go Triglide and let your dealer do the mods that they would stand behind but don't break down out of state...other dealers may not...don't ask how I know...I ride Harleys and could care less about warranty and I trust my Indy...

Old 04-15-2013, 02:09 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,961 Likes on 2,308 Posts

I was going to do a Trike conversion on a bike...was actually already into it a bit...had the bike and the trike axle.

Then the wife and I went for a test ride on a TG and realized we could not convert one that handled as well for the price of a TG.

A week later we bought the TG, a couple weeks after that sold the bike and the trike axle that was the start of our conversion.

Been over 2 years and we are really enjoying the TG. Did a 10k mile trip last summer, and this summer we're headed to Alaska on it.

Gear Up & Ride in! DK Custom 4th Annual Open House, June 8th. 🏍️ Click HERE For The Lowdown.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 04-16-2013, 09:49 AM
joe momma
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
I was going to do a Trike conversion on a bike...was actually already into it a bit...had the bike and the trike axle.

Then the wife and I went for a test ride on a TG and realized we could not convert one that handled as well for the price of a TG.

A week later we bought the TG, a couple weeks after that sold the bike and the trike axle that was the start of our conversion.

Been over 2 years and we are really enjoying the TG. Did a 10k mile trip last summer, and this summer we're headed to Alaska on it.

.ever been to Alaska????? if not....you might want to rethink that one !!!!
..the roads in Canada are the worst...the farther north you go...the worse they seem to get.....lotsa rocks lotsa road construction...the roads in Alaska are better but it is the same thing !!!! ....I drove a pickup there in '07 ..... wow whatta drive !! ....whatever you do good luck and bee safe !!

Old 04-16-2013, 05:15 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by joe momma
.ever been to Alaska????? if not....you might want to rethink that one !!!!
..the roads in Canada are the worst...the farther north you go...the worse they seem to get.....lotsa rocks lotsa road construction...the roads in Alaska are better but it is the same thing !!!! ....I drove a pickup there in '07 ..... wow whatta drive !! ....whatever you do good luck and bee safe !!

Nope, never been. We are planning the route with the best roads in mind. Also, the Comfort Lift Kit gives a little plusher ride.

Last summer we went into Canada up to Thunder Bay. We found that particular road to be ok...much better...LIGHT YEARS better than the road in MN that we traveled to get there.

But, yes, I am prepared for some bad roads...and possibly a tire change along the way.

We are planning to hit the arctic circle sign...that day alone will be a couple hundred miles on a gravel road.

Tools, gas can, bear & mosquito repellent, and some patience will hopefully give us some really good memories!

Old 04-17-2013, 09:40 AM
joe momma
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Nope, never been. We are planning the route with the best roads in mind. Also, the Comfort Lift Kit gives a little plusher ride.

Last summer we went into Canada up to Thunder Bay. We found that particular road to be ok...much better...LIGHT YEARS better than the road in MN that we traveled to get there.

But, yes, I am prepared for some bad roads...and possibly a tire change along the way.

We are planning to hit the arctic circle sign...that day alone will be a couple hundred miles on a gravel road.

Tools, gas can, bear & mosquito repellent, and some patience will hopefully give us some really good memories!

............I did the thunder bay thing in '11 ....the roads were good...if you go to Alaska....YES on the gas can for north of Fairbanks...and yess on the gravel roads !!!

PLEASE post your trip on this site........

Old 04-17-2013, 12:21 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by joe momma
............I did the thunder bay thing in '11 ....the roads were good...if you go to Alaska....YES on the gas can for north of Fairbanks...and yess on the gravel roads !!!

PLEASE post your trip on this site........

Will do. Will post some along the way, and more when we get back.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:01 PM
daurwid
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will do. Will post some along the way, and more when we get back.
Can't wait for the trip report. I was in Alaska back in '93. We drove through Denali Park in a small 2 door car. Spent a lot of time in Fairbanks due to road closings caused by flooding, but flooding made it so no one could get through...

Old 04-17-2013, 07:46 PM
dw2169
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The gearing, raked front end, reverse, bluebook price, warranty, and having an Ultra Classic all make the TriGlide the way to go. Just on the conversion, you will loose the cost when you go to sell. Good Luck.