VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

My "Outlaw" style Night Rod Special

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 10:31 PM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member
Received 822 Likes on 478 Posts

if they came from the factory looking like that the dealers would be complaining about not being able to keep them in stock
superb !

Old 05-03-2012, 11:26 PM
Tundra bob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice

Old 05-03-2012, 11:42 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cool looking Rod. Lean and Mean.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:54 PM
Hot
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice, T-Rod. Is that the stock seat? (I've been looking at the CC Seats and Bitchin Seats...)
Thanks,
Rod

Old 05-04-2012, 07:19 AM
T-Rod45
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! Thanks guys! I have to be honest, I did not expect such positive replies here... When I decided to stray from the safety of the V Rod site, I fully anticipated the typical "it's not a real harley", "fugly" comments... It actually seems like the bike is better received here than over there! Guess most VR guys are just into all of them looking the same...

Originally Posted by Hot
Very nice, T-Rod. Is that the stock seat? (I've been looking at the CC Seats and Bitchin Seats...)
Thanks,
Rod
Yeah it's the stock seat with an "A" model passenger pillion. I want the bitchin 1-pc seat so bad but at $700, wheels come first!

Old 05-04-2012, 08:45 AM
Auckland
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by T-Rod45
Thanks. The tank is under the seat tho, so that doesn't leave much...

I hear what your saying though, the fairing and bars are definitely not for everyone. If I wanted the traditional "sick looking" V-Rod, I'd have just thrown on drag bars like everyone else. What I wanted was comfort on my frequent 200 mile rides and function over form with a unique look. I also happen to love the outlaw-style Dynas and Softails and have never seen a V Rod with that theme...
My bad. From the triple tree up then. Any pics without the fairing?

Old 05-04-2012, 05:56 PM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 711 Likes on 328 Posts

finally a v-rod I don't hate. I like it alot in fact...except for the forward controls..seems counterproductive on a bike like that..come to think of it, do they even come with mids? don't think I've ever seen one with em..then again I rarely look at them but thats not the point.

Old 05-04-2012, 06:08 PM
T-Rod45
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Auckland
My bad. From the triple tree up then. Any pics without the fairing?
Sorry, didn't take any pics until it was done.

Old 05-04-2012, 06:12 PM
T-Rod45
Road Captain

Originally Posted by shiftace
finally a v-rod I don't hate. I like it alot in fact...except for the forward controls..seems counterproductive on a bike like that..come to think of it, do they even come with mids? don't think I've ever seen one with em..then again I rarely look at them but thats not the point.
Thanks man. I LOVE your bike. Totally my style. As far as the forwards, the early models came with em, but I think '07-up are all forwards. I don't really mind them, because at 6'+ I'm not too stretched at all... But I might add mid pegs, as the frame is set up for The option of mid controls.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:42 AM
10 RED RK
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by T-Rod45
Wow! Thanks guys! I have to be honest, I did not expect such positive replies here... When I decided to stray from the safety of the V Rod site, I fully anticipated the typical "it's not a real harley", "fugly" comments... It actually seems like the bike is better received here than over there! Guess most VR guys are just into all of them looking the same...

Yeah it's the stock seat with an "A" model passenger pillion. I want the bitchin 1-pc seat so bad but at $700, wheels come first!

I like it congrats on a totally diff "look" . I'm liking this site more and more because there is a lot of "out of the box" thinking here

BTW try Mean City Cycles - They do some great work on re-making stock seats you may save yourself some coin

Quick Reply: My "Outlaw" style Night Rod Special