VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

V Rod customizing and tuning options.

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 01:14 AM
Nikker1985
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V Rod customizing and tuning options.

Hallo everybody.
I amone of the reallylucky owner of a Night Rod special, yeap, the one with the fat tyre and the black end on its exhausts.
My Plans:
1) Xenon Lights. How do I find out wich ones are compatible? I think they are written on the lamp. I am thinking of McCulloch 12000k, deep purple light. I want to be seen!!! Very important. I need to install a switch, that is easily pushed with the index finger and switches from low to high beams instantly, how can it be done? How are thise thingys called anyways?
2)Exhaust options? I dont like their sound but I like the black end so I am not really looking for any aftermarket, just probably remove the sound killers "Sorry guys dont know how they are called". Anything that can be adjusted before the ride?Maybe even a flame thrower.
3) Fat seat for more back support to the driver and more space for the passenger. Also I am planning on installing foot pegs where the street rod has them "If they are called foot pegs,sorry again".
4)Sissy bars. Most of them suck ***, any advices? I really like the one you can see on the last picture. It kicks so much ***, your *** probably hurts already.
5) Detouchable fairing.[:'(]
6)General cool looking body work.
7)Is it possible to install parts from the screaming eagle version? The fastest production bike in the world? Upgrade to a 1250cc engine etc...

Also it would be nice if you could post some pictures of Bad *** V Rods. I ll try and keep them organized.

[IMG]local://upfiles/23265/F98D4DB57B334ABE981684B83B6836A2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/23265/3095921CE0BB45A483C79A02045012C1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/23265/CE05E455E9DC4C23AF97FB06F327DD19.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/23265/A48FE0EC1BF24261B914CA7186EF4C68.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/23265/EC2B61B14D7F49EC8CB4E598E70181A7.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-13-2007, 09:18 PM
eazy
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: V Rod customizing and tuning options.

ORIGINAL: Nikker1985
just probably remove the sound killers
Baffles. They can be V-Modded, that's what most do. It's drilling holes in the end or widening the hole to allow more sound to escape. This cannot be reversed however. Can you remove the baffles in your '07? If you can, buy a second set to change them when you need to.

You will need something to modulate the fuel curve if you change the intake or exhaust.

ORIGINAL: Nikker19853) Fat seat for more back support to the driver and more space for the passenger.
I have a Sundowner for my '06, but it is rarely on.

ORIGINAL: Nikker1985Also I am planning on installing foot pegs where the street rod has them "If they are called foot pegs,sorry again".
Mid-foot

ORIGINAL: Nikker19857)Is it possible to install parts from the screaming eagle version? The fastest production bike in the world? Upgrade to a 1250cc engine etc...
Yes, Harley-Davidson makes a 1250cc kit for the VRSCs

Old 01-14-2007, 01:36 AM
uj034
Tourer

with CFR pipes & mid controls

[IMG]local://upfiles/5345/AA22452DF577481C81E999B8F6701C69.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-14-2007, 07:28 AM
Nikker1985
Advanced

1250cc kit....nice...
I dont need more power but...and it is too early to be thinking about it..but it is just so damn tempting...
Thanks a lot guys, if you got any nice pics you can upload them here.
I searched in the gallery and did not find many stuff about V Rods.

Old 01-15-2007, 04:20 PM
SKJOLD
Elite HDF Member

I have even heard of people with larger engines then 1250cc.

Old 01-15-2007, 09:36 PM
Nikker1985
Advanced

!!!Warning Explicit Language Ahead!!!
Sorry guys, I know that black bikes are really bad, but unfortunatelly people dont see you. Today for the second time in a week somebody did not ****ing see 600pounds of metal easyriding next to him, and ****ing tipped me over while trying to avoid a god damn bump on the road. He switched lanes just for a god damn bump, instantly, no turn signal, without even checking his mirrors.
Dont worry you all, I ll keep on riding after I get it all fixed. I ll ****ing install neon lights for them retarted killers out there to notice me and put on the loudest mother****ing exhausts. And if a cop dares to giveme a ticket, I ll get his name, pay the ticket and pay him a visit. And for the mother****ers who cant sleep cause of the loud noise, I ll ****ing pull out their ear drums. If anybody sais **** about them neons, I ll brake his jaw.
There is a new law. In DVD Rentals and video clubs, you have to pay for the stuff you buy in advanced. So you do realise, that a group of rediculusly high paid people, spent countless hours of studying, preparing junk paper work and arguing over such a stupid matter, while there still are not enough laws prohibiting people from getting a drivers license aka a license to kill. I can picture them, all dressed up arguing about the ***** and cons of advanced payments in DVDs...lets see what ****ing law they are going to pass next.

Old 01-15-2007, 11:34 PM
eazy
Road Warrior

And on a brand new bike...Fu*k!

Hope you get better soon and the bike gets fixed better than new.

Old 01-19-2007, 09:22 AM
Nikker1985
Advanced

There is a thing, where I come from we call it signal, its a really soft button that gets easily pressed with the index finger on the left hand control, not where the flash and the horn is, but behind. Once this button gets pressed it switches instantly from low to high beams and it is used to warn the others. How is this called and can I install it on my bike? It is important for me to make clear to other drivers that I exist, if you know what I mean.
Bike will be ready to drive next week after I have the spare parts installed.I am removing the baffles not giving a damn what the police thinks. I also ordered a Xenon kit ,12000k Mc Cullock, and a detouchable windshield that will be installed by the end of the month.
I also ordered a 50kilo book that has all the after market parts one could ever need, looking forward to see my options and see if some of my ideas can come to life.

Old 01-19-2007, 02:59 PM
eazy
Road Warrior

For the headlights? You could just use the headlight switch to flash the brights if that is what you're meaning.

Old 01-25-2007, 07:29 AM
Nikker1985
Advanced

What about some after market license plates? The ones that go on the side and allow the fat tyre to show? Any Suggestions or options?
I am going to be so illegal. Where I am from you need to have a big *** license plate that pretty much covers the hole fat tyre.
I had some problems with my bike yesterday, electrical problems with the alarm and the battery was uncharged, has to do something with the crush.
I JUST WANNA RIDE IT DAMMIT!!!
I am riding around with my 1991 200cc Enduro Suzuki instead.
Bye guys, I go cry some more now.

Update,
I just made a little research and it turns out that many people have problems with their batteries on the V Rod. Some also have to keep it connected to a battery charger all the time. They said that this happens only to 06 models, well, my bike is 07 and it just happened. Do you face any problems?

Quick Reply: V Rod customizing and tuning options.