Want To Buy Motorcycles/Parts/Accessories Looking for a Motorcycle or a part to help get your motorcycle back together? In search of a deal on used leathers? Post your wants here! Please read the rules for posting in this section.
Mark this thread as Unsold

voyager trike kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 11:02 PM
03 classic jim
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default voyager trike kit

looking for a voyager trike kit for a 2003 electra glide classic. would like to find something within 250 miles of fennimore wisconsin if I can. you can email me at otisp_us@yahoo.com or call me at 608-822-6855.
thank you
jim ashmore

Old 03-30-2007, 08:18 AM
Grey Biker
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: voyager trike kit

Hey Jim, Just a heads up on the Voyger Trike, They are junk, My son bought on and installed it on a R.K. He ended up completely redoing the entire unit. When voyger painted it they didn't even remove the the scale that is on the pipe that the fame is made from. They dont have wheel spindles the have a non service wheel hubs. The idea is good but they are built shitty. Just my 2 cents

Old 04-07-2007, 10:45 AM
tatkin
Banned

I don't know about on a Glide but on a Sportster it is great.

The thing you have to remember is that you have to think like a pilot after putting one
of these on. Check it on a regular basis. It also needs to be tuned to your bike, aligned I
guess is the term.

After I got the kinks out on the Sportster addition of the Voyager I am very happy.

Don't listen to others that don't even have one of these kits. And if someone tells you they
installed one, then they really do not know. Like I said , they have to be tuned/aligned to
your ride. Which takes a few or more rides and tweaks... If someone has only installed one
they do not have a clue...

Old 04-11-2007, 12:32 PM
Grey Biker
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not talking about the tuneing or aligning, I'm talking about the quality of the unit itself. Someone had a good Idea, however the manufacturing of the Trike Unit itself leaves a lot to be desired. If you are happy with you'rs then thats fine. I have ben involved in thedesign and the mechanical instalation of machinery for many years, I can tell when a product is short cut for a cost standpoint or from a lack of design nowhow. The Tires and Wheels that come with the Voyger are the single most expensive items with the unit. Outside of them there isn't $300.00 of material used. As I said before the hubs are non serviceable, they are held on with 3/8 bolts and pieces of pipe are used for shims to get correct wheel spaceing. When pipe is manufactured it is treated with a rust inhibitor for shipment purposes only, Voyger dosent even remove this before painting. I'll stand on what, They are " JUNK".

Old 05-13-2007, 09:11 PM
tatkin
Banned

Sounds like a Harley.

ORIGINAL: Grey Biker

I'm not talking about the tuneing or aligning, I'm talking about the quality of the unit itself. Someone had a good Idea, however the manufacturing of the Trike Unit itself leaves a lot to be desired. If you are happy with you'rs then thats fine. I have ben involved in thedesign and the mechanical instalation of machinery for many years, I can tell when a product is short cut for a cost standpoint or from a lack of design nowhow. The Tires and Wheels that come with the Voyger are the single most expensive items with the unit. Outside of them there isn't $300.00 of material used. As I said before the hubs are non serviceable, they are held on with 3/8 bolts and pieces of pipe are used for shims to get correct wheel spaceing. When pipe is manufactured it is treated with a rust inhibitor for shipment purposes only, Voyger dosent even remove this before painting. I'll stand on what, They are " JUNK".

Old 05-14-2007, 12:46 AM
Toyman
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

[quote]ORIGINAL: tatkin

Sounds like a Harley.

tatkin,
you need to take a hike. People on this board don't take a like'n to replys like this.

Old 05-15-2007, 12:56 AM
tatkin
Banned

I am sorry you are a new biker ...

Don't you know , they arepieces of Harley ...

[quote]ORIGINAL: Toyman

ORIGINAL: tatkin

Sounds like a Harley.

tatkin,
you need to take a hike. People on this board don't take a like'n to replys like this.

Old 05-15-2007, 08:45 AM
Toyman
Tourer

tatkin,
it has nothing to do with someone being new or old to biking even though I'd put money on the fact that I've probably been riding long before you were even a twinkle in your daddy's eye.
To put it simply; it's a matter of respect. Something you seem to be lacking in. If you enjoy bashing HDs maybe you should visit some of the other boards that have a solid reputation for this type of thing.

[quote]ORIGINAL: tatkin

I am sorry you are a new biker ...

Don't you know , they arepieces of Harley ...

ORIGINAL: Toyman

ORIGINAL: tatkin

Sounds like a Harley.

tatkin,

Old 05-15-2007, 03:04 PM
bettyboopbiker
Novice

Just to put my two cents in; a voyager kit DOES NOT make a motorcycle a trike. It gives you training wheels and allows you not to put your feet down and therefor is easier on the knees. It doesn't have independent suspension and can cause serious accidents . It is a good idea but they should put a little more $ into their product and less in their pockets. There are a lot better options available to us these days.

And.... it is my experience that people who PUT DOWN Harley Davidson CAN'T AFFORD ONE !!!
Most Harley riders wouldn't put you down regardless of what you rode. Even a crotch rocket hooked to training wheels !

Old 05-17-2007, 12:42 AM
Toyman
Tourer

My girlfriend is wanting to learn to ride but I think I'll put her on a trike or sidecar bike before I'll go with one of these Voyager kits. It looks like you could get stuck in certain situations with this setup.

Quick Reply: voyager trike kit