Wheels/Tires Questions and discussion about wheels and tires should be posted here.

CAREUD TPMS System

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2018, 08:41 AM
jmeyer58
Road Captain
Received 87 Likes on 56 Posts
Default CAREUD TPMS System

Has anyone tried the CAREUD TPMS Motorcycle system? It appears to be affordable and still have the dual tire display as well as being waterproof. It also has a replaceable battery in the sensors. Figure I would ask before spending any money (unusual for me).

Old 12-24-2018, 02:20 PM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Received 378 Likes on 228 Posts

I ran a Fobo TPMS system on my 2011 RGU for 3 years until I traded the bike in. It worked great. Changed the batteries 1 time.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...bike-tpms.html

The following users liked this post:
jmeyer58 (12-27-2018)
Old 12-24-2018, 02:25 PM
GregGillette
Road Master
Received 247 Likes on 174 Posts

I had to search on what you are referring and turns out mine looks to be the same; several vendors of this same product. I have used mine for several months, the screen holds a charge for months and had no issues with the sensors. Setup is a bit of a pain but once you figure out the logic flow of setup, works well. Seems very accurate and I use and monitor with every ride.

CAREUD TPMS System-screenshot_2018-12-24-14-18-26.png

jmeyer58 (12-27-2018)
Old 12-28-2018, 08:49 PM
bustert
Grand HDF Member
Received 714 Likes on 625 Posts

tpms is good for the people who like everything done for them. i am not saying they are not handy but look how they come about, big brother in action. i am 68 and started riding at 12 and never needed such as i always check my stuff, not lazy just proactive. geez, check your oil, then tires ain't that hard. three years is extremely short battery life, avg is around 10 on auto. they are only on when in motion, got 75k and 8 years on the nissan. one more thing, get you a tpms programmer, i have a bartec.

Old 12-29-2018, 07:03 PM
GregGillette
Road Master
Received 247 Likes on 174 Posts

Disagree. Tpms is not for lazy people. Its for those who like to know if a tire STARTS to lose air while riding. Not everything is a blowout or easily noticed especially if riding straight...now corner on a low tire and see the fun. Do what works for you but many less set in our ways enjoy new tech that enhances safety.

Gumbie013 (01-04-2019)
Old 12-29-2018, 07:54 PM
bustert
Grand HDF Member
Received 714 Likes on 625 Posts

well, tpms does nada for a blow out. in 56 years, never had an issue with tire and not know how to handle the situation.
tpms is a mandate from big brother because people are stupid, point: i drove 18 wheelers for awhile and i cannot tell you how many people drive with dash warning lights on, tpms is the same class, forest gump said it all, "stupid is what stupid does".
i will throw this out: you answer, why did a 1.5 hp lawn mower cut anything in its path in the 60's but now requires 6 hp+????? once again, forest gump and big brother.
i am not knocking tpms and the tech is helpful, however, does not replace common sense. another point is that tech fails and if you are not smart enough to catch it, then you get what is coming to you. i have tpms vehicles and so far, never a warning, they get checked regularly, my mc's even more so.
btw: you can get schrader programmable tpms and with a tpms tool, clone your sensors and it seems they will out last the ones mentioned.

Old 12-29-2018, 08:47 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,273 Likes on 11,143 Posts

It’s so bizarre how so many threads recently take turns from the original post. The OP asked about a product, he didn’t ask if it was lazy to use TPMS, or why its a government plot to have higher horsepower mowers. Good grief!

The following 3 users liked this post by TriGeezer:
grbrown (01-28-2020), Gumbie013 (01-04-2019), jmeyer58 (12-30-2018)
Old 12-30-2018, 09:46 AM
jmeyer58
Road Captain
Received 87 Likes on 56 Posts

Alright boys and girls, I am interested because the rear tire on my bike is a ROYAL PITA to check air pressure. Hidden behind bags makes for a chore to check pressure. Yes, at 60 I can afford a gaget to make my life easier, I am being lazy, so be it. Not a government conspiracy, just lazy.

That being said...just wondering if this system works. No different than if I was asking about the oil dipstick that displays oil temp.

Thanks everyone for your experience with these systems.

Old 12-30-2018, 09:50 AM
Kingglide549
Banned
Received 969 Likes on 694 Posts

TPMS is a nice option, it will tell you of the impending danger and blowout if you don't fix the air loss.

Old 12-30-2018, 10:21 AM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,273 Likes on 11,143 Posts

Originally Posted by jmeyer58
Alright boys and girls, I am interested because the rear tire on my bike is a ROYAL PITA to check air pressure. Hidden behind bags makes for a chore to check pressure. Yes, at 60 I can afford a gaget to make my life easier, I am being lazy, so be it. Not a government conspiracy, just lazy.

That being said...just wondering if this system works. No different than if I was asking about the oil dipstick that displays oil temp.

Thanks everyone for your experience with these systems.
For these reasons, I installed FOBO on my Ultra Limited before a 2 week in October. It was very convenient to check tire pressure each morning. They recommend installing metal valve stems though. The dealer wanted a fortune to do that. I went to 8 Ball MC tire & they did it for $80. They are pretty accurate. But sometimes it takes a few minutes to get the reading updated. So, I open the app, and sit the phone on the seat while I’m getting ready to KSU.

Taking regular readings I was surprised how much tire pressure varies with temperature, and how much tire temperature & pressure varies during a ride.

yes...I’m happy with them.

Quick Reply: CAREUD TPMS System