Wheels/Tires Questions and discussion about wheels and tires should be posted here.

WARNING ride wright wheels fat daddy 50 spoke

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 05:58 AM
chap!
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry WARNING ride wright wheels fat daddy 50 spoke

Last edited by chap!; 10-27-2011 at 10:41 AM. Reason: .....
Old 10-25-2011, 06:29 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,370 Likes on 3,289 Posts

Sounds like hit or miss with htese folks...heard good and bad...Personally i would not buy from them...

Old 10-25-2011, 06:39 AM
chap!
Road Master

Last edited by chap!; 10-27-2011 at 10:41 AM. Reason: .....
Old 10-25-2011, 09:47 AM
Galdog
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I ordered from Ride Wright also, when we were installing the wheels, had some issues with the rear wheel. They overnighted parts two nights in a row, waiting at the door the next morning. Still had issues, Sam had the wheel picked up and taken back to Cali, and then had it sent back to Indiana. They treated me very well and their customer service was outstanding. I went to a wider tire on the rear so I had very little clearance and the wheel had to be almost perfect.
My bike sustained front end damage and I had some questions when it was being rebuilt, emailed Sam and again he got right back to me and answered the questions I had for him.
It's easy to get frustrated and vent on the forums, I did it also. But what was important to me was how they handled my situation and they did a great job. I am sure the majority of the time, we will always hear the bad things about a vendor, but it will be rare when we hear the good things, because we always expect things to be perfect, it doesn't happen all the time.
I also had issues with the headlight from Headwinds (we all know how reputable they are), and they also went out of their way to make things right (had to make me a new light). It's a shame, but these things happen, and I hope it works out for you (I know your frustrations).

Old 10-25-2011, 10:30 AM
chap!
Road Master

Last edited by chap!; 10-27-2011 at 10:42 AM. Reason: .....
Old 10-25-2011, 10:55 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

No safety issues with my Ride Wrights. OF course I live driving distance and visit their factory often. I deal with manufacturers of custom parts for bikes everyday and RW is one of the most top notch companies around. EVERY company has an issue now and then. It is the nature of the business. Toyota and the Prius. HD and the rear brake switch recall and the list goes on and on and on. What I am trying to say is that no company is perfect 100% of the time and this should be a known fact before purchasing a product for your bike regardless of what it is.

It is unfortunate that you are the "victim" in this situation but as I said in your other thread on the exact same topic is that my guess is that the time in the box that the product had to ship to England is most likely the issue judging from what the problem was. I have had the same problem with brand new painted parts going overseas.

It would be nice to live in a perfect world where no one ever had issues, but that is not the reality of life. Whether it is a $5 product or a $25K motorcycle is really irrelevant. Seeing as I do business with hundreds of aftermarket companies daily, I know quite a bit about companies and how they do business. I choose companies that will take care of the customer, before, during and after the sale and Ride Wright has proved to do that in every instance I have ever presented them with.

No one wants to order something and then have to deal with an issue after shelling out their hard earned money, but there are tons of companies who will simply choose to ignore you after the initial sale which is why it is so important to find a stand up company to buy from. Like I said before, no company has a perfect record. Anyone claiming that, I call BS. From Harley Davidson all the way down to the smallest manufacturer of nuts and bolts.

So now that I have vented about an issue that I already read about elsewhere on the forums once again, I feel a little better. My question to customers who experience issues such as this is always what can I do to make this better. Some people are reasonable, others are not. I am making no judgments, merely trying to illustrate a point. Be reasonable with the situation you are in and the results will work out in your favor. Forget about the issue that you have had and move on so you can get things back to the way they should be. That is really the only choice.

Best Regards,

Drew

Old 10-25-2011, 11:04 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Here is an example of a brand new bike with problems.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...oad-glide.html

Drew

Trending Topics

Old 10-25-2011, 11:06 AM
chap!
Road Master

Last edited by chap!; 10-27-2011 at 10:43 AM. Reason: .....
Old 10-25-2011, 11:13 AM
chap!
Road Master

Last edited by chap!; 10-27-2011 at 10:43 AM. Reason: .....
Old 10-25-2011, 11:15 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

I think it is what it is and I am not confusing you with someone else. I didn't bother reading your post as I know it is a bunch of complaints. Try applying to the situation a little flexibility regardless of the fact that things did not work out initially. I udnerstand your frustration, I really do. Been there more times than I care to remember. My point is that since this has already happened lets try to find a way to get this all resolved so that you are as happy as you can be given the situation. If you are being told two weeks that means that Sam is out of the shop for two weeks.

So why not ask him to comp you for the work you had to have done to make everything perfect when he does get back to you? Or whatever it may take to make the sitauation right for you. It might work as you want, it might not. I am all about solutions regardless of what has transpired in the past. I prefer not to dwell on problems but fix the problem if at all possible. My real point with this si that Ride Wright is a company that will do everything that it possibly can to make the situation right and that is a rare occurrence in this indsutry.

If my attempt at solutions is not to your liking please ignore this, I am merely trying to help make the situation better. Have a great day.

Quick Reply: WARNING ride wright wheels fat daddy 50 spoke