Wheels/Tires Questions and discussion about wheels and tires should be posted here.

WARNING ride wright wheels fat daddy 50 spoke

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 11:25 AM
chap!
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by chap!; 10-27-2011 at 10:44 AM. Reason: .....
Old 10-25-2011, 11:28 AM
chap!
Road Master

Last edited by chap!; 10-27-2011 at 10:44 AM. Reason: .....
Old 10-25-2011, 12:41 PM
plasmadaddy
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

I agree, it's absolutely ridiculous to be told you must wait 2 weeks for a phone call! If I behaved like that with my customers I'd have no customers left!!!
Getting it right first time is way up at the top of the list of priorities a customer wants when choosing a supplier. Of course, people make mistakes. That's all part of what makes us humans!
The real test of supplier quality is how they respond to making good those mistakes.
How is it at all possible that there is nobody else in the company who can get this situation resolved?
If that's really the case then Ride Wright deserve all the flaming that they seem to be getting at the moment.
Once again, I'm based in the UK and have had Ride Wrights on a previous bike. I paid a lot of money for them and had no problems at all.
It seems that QC is becoming a serious problem for them.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:32 PM
chap!
Road Master

Last edited by chap!; 10-27-2011 at 10:45 AM. Reason: .....
Old 10-25-2011, 11:09 PM
chap!
Road Master

Old 10-26-2011, 06:59 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Wheels

Originally Posted by chap!
Hi Dr V Twin
Sorry but I think you have me mixed up with yet another person having issues with Ride Wright Wheels, I'm not the guy with issues of his wheels leaking through the spokes when he ordered tubeless!
My issue is that the wheels wouldnt fit at all & had to get a company to machine new spacers to make them fit! Please read the post fully!
And as for customer service, do you think its exceptable to tell your customer after you'd supplied the wrong parts " just wait for 2 weeks or more & i'll get back to you. I'm not in the office at present?" ?????? Well?
ditto on this out right blunder on there part same here and you eat it.there is nothing worst than having your bike worked on and there is no fix and your waiting for the seller to make it right but your bike is in a shop apart . this is the worst and this has to stop. its costly and we should not have to eat it. your mistake you pay that's what stand up people do. I get sick of people defending ride wright you get what we were delivered and how we were treated and then stand up for them . it would be better to let the buyer has his say and just that when you start defending the seller it keeps hashing it over and over and makes it worst sooner someone figures this out the better off it will be

Last edited by nikonf8; 10-26-2011 at 07:04 AM. Reason: add text
Old 10-26-2011, 08:25 AM
chap!
Road Master

Old 10-27-2011, 03:29 AM
chap!
Road Master

Last edited by chap!; 10-27-2011 at 10:46 AM. Reason: .....
Old 10-27-2011, 07:04 AM
Rog48
Elite HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
No safety issues with my Ride Wrights. OF course I live driving distance and visit their factory often. I deal with manufacturers of custom parts for bikes everyday and RW is one of the most top notch companies around. EVERY company has an issue now and then. It is the nature of the business. Toyota and the Prius. HD and the rear brake switch recall and the list goes on and on and on. What I am trying to say is that no company is perfect 100% of the time and this should be a known fact before purchasing a product for your bike regardless of what it is.

It is unfortunate that you are the "victim" in this situation but as I said in your other thread on the exact same topic is that my guess is that the time in the box that the product had to ship to England is most likely the issue judging from what the problem was. I have had the same problem with brand new painted parts going overseas.

It would be nice to live in a perfect world where no one ever had issues, but that is not the reality of life. Whether it is a $5 product or a $25K motorcycle is really irrelevant. Seeing as I do business with hundreds of aftermarket companies daily, I know quite a bit about companies and how they do business. I choose companies that will take care of the customer, before, during and after the sale and Ride Wright has proved to do that in every instance I have ever presented them with.

No one wants to order something and then have to deal with an issue after shelling out their hard earned money, but there are tons of companies who will simply choose to ignore you after the initial sale which is why it is so important to find a stand up company to buy from. Like I said before, no company has a perfect record. Anyone claiming that, I call BS. From Harley Davidson all the way down to the smallest manufacturer of nuts and bolts.

So now that I have vented about an issue that I already read about elsewhere on the forums once again, I feel a little better. My question to customers who experience issues such as this is always what can I do to make this better. Some people are reasonable, others are not. I am making no judgments, merely trying to illustrate a point. Be reasonable with the situation you are in and the results will work out in your favor. Forget about the issue that you have had and move on so you can get things back to the way they should be. That is really the only choice.

Best Regards,

Drew
I can tell you own a business. When I get a call from a customer with a problem I know their unhappy and I let them vent. At this point there is no reasonable or unreasonable, their pissed.........I let them vent. I dont offer excuses but rather explain our side. I end that with "what can I do to make you happy?" This is where reason can run the map anywhere from "Im not going to pay for anything" to "I dont want anything, just want to let you know so it doesnt happen again". I dont really plan it this way but I am human, the customers that are reasonable usually get more than what they expected, the most unreasonable sometimes get nothing.

Apologies to the OP on this side track. This wasnt meant specifically for you just general comments about unhappy customers and businesses.