Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speaker wiring question 6 speakers

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 11:36 PM
Riveroger
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker wiring question 6 speakers

This forum has so much info it motivated me to up grade my system. So Hogtunes big ultra kit is coming out as is the HT lower woofers.
I have all these boxes of new stuff to install. Got 6 infinity kappa 6211.i speakers, HD CVO speaker pods and grills, Power Acoustik RZ4-2000D amp and 4 AGW amp wiring kit. and polyfill.
So back to my question I plan to use the kappa speakers in the faring and the lowers powered by the amp. The tour pak speakers are HD boom audios that I would power form the stock HK head unit. Will it work to split the rear channel radio outputs to the amp and the tour pak pods? The Wife is not a fan of having the tour pak pods amplified.

Old 12-22-2014, 05:05 AM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

Yes, you can.

Old 12-22-2014, 07:07 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

yes sir you'll be fine. You wouldn't want to amplify those BA speakers anyways with that amp, you'll tear them up in very short fashion. Leave them connected to the head unit, split off the rear outputs of the radio to provide for input to your rear channel of the amp.

As for the front speakers, those Infinity speakers are 2 ohm speakers and I'm fairly certain that amp won't like a 1 ohm load so make sure you wire those speakers in series.

Amp front right output + to + on fairing speaker
- on fairing speaker to + on lower speaker
- on lower speaker to - amp front right output

then do the same for the left side.

Old 12-22-2014, 11:34 AM
BlackPearl#1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
yes sir you'll be fine. You wouldn't want to amplify those BA speakers anyways with that amp, you'll tear them up in very short fashion. Leave them connected to the head unit, split off the rear outputs of the radio to provide for input to your rear channel of the amp.

As for the front speakers, those Infinity speakers are 2 ohm speakers and I'm fairly certain that amp won't like a 1 ohm load so make sure you wire those speakers in series.

Amp front right output + to + on fairing speaker
- on fairing speaker to + on lower speaker
- on lower speaker to - amp front right output

then do the same for the left side.

Hate to question UN on this but isn't that amp 4 channels and capable of running all 4 2 ohm speakers on their own channel? I think your diagram shows if he is using a 2 channel amp? Please correct me if I am out of place on this one? I hope I am right on it because what he is doing is my plan too.
Kris

Old 12-22-2014, 11:46 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

my diagram was only for illustrative purposes only but yes I completely misunderstood the OPs question. For some reason I was thinking CVO lids were going in back there with speakers.

Don't ever be afraid to question me and my thoughts. Sometimes I'm just flat out wrong and then there are other times I myself don't even know what I'm thinking when I post stuff. LOL

To the OP, yes sir you're fine splitting off to provide input to the rear channels of your amp to power the lowers.

Old 12-22-2014, 12:25 PM
Riveroger
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
my diagram was only for illustrative purposes only but yes I completely misunderstood the OPs question. For some reason I was thinking CVO lids were going in back there with speakers.

Don't ever be afraid to question me and my thoughts. Sometimes I'm just flat out wrong and then there are other times I myself don't even know what I'm thinking when I post stuff. LOL

To the OP, yes sir you're fine splitting off to provide input to the rear channels of your amp to power the lowers.

Thanks I was confused but good to go now. I will share my installation experience on 2013 Ultra Limited