Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need More Bass

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 01:47 PM
Springerfan
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by slyedog
Me personally no. They are a good speaker but dont like the way they sound as my front stage. Lowers sure. I would get different 6x9 if yoh really feel the rears are that quiet. I can hear my rear at 80 if I fade back to them fine. If I stay no fade the front even still way overpowers the rear. No rear will ever come close to the same as my front stage and I want it that way. You can hear my rear still parked but the front is the main player.
So if understanding you correctly, it doesn't really matter what I put in the saddlebag lids because I am not really going to hear them anyway? I understand that the fairing speakers are the primary and my reason for adding the 692's is just to add a little lower end fill to complement the HCX's. With the 6db difference I will need to put the fader more to the rear channel in order to hear them? I have been looking at some other 6x9's that are closer to the sensitivity of the Hertz but not sure that I can find anything that will match the sq of the HCX's other than the Hertz 690's that currently will not fit the lids that I have. BadDad is working on an adapter for the 690's but it is not available yet. I am about ready to give it up and call it good with what I have, mismatched as it is. My pockets aren't deep enough to keep up.

Last edited by Springerfan; 07-31-2016 at 03:22 PM.
Old 07-31-2016, 04:08 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Springerfan
So if understanding you correctly, it doesn't really matter what I put in the saddlebag lids because I am not really going to hear them anyway? I understand that the fairing speakers are the primary and my reason for adding the 692's is just to add a little lower end fill to complement the HCX's. With the 6db difference I will need to put the fader more to the rear channel in order to hear them? I have been looking at some other 6x9's that are closer to the sensitivity of the Hertz but not sure that I can find anything that will match the sq of the HCX's other than the Hertz 690's that currently will not fit the lids that I have. BadDad is working on an adapter for the 690's but it is not available yet. I am about ready to give it up and call it good with what I have, mismatched as it is. My pockets aren't deep enough to keep up.
Not saying you CAN'T hear a rear 6x9. Saying hearing them over your front stage
isn't or should happen. You can try to balance them but ME personally doesn't rely on the rear other than filler. Parked yes more low end for sure. 80 down interstate yes they are audible but front WAY overpowers themIf I lean back while riding I know they are there, but till then the front dominates. I can fade and balance them evenly but then all the money I spent on having a high end front stage has been wasted so I can hear the rear 6x9 better. Your sensitivity difference will be a challenge. You have really 3 choices. #1 deal with it. #2 gain rear channel as much as possible 150 per side and run the front 100 per side ( in theory 6db will need 4 times the power to to be even) wont notice quite as much but likely still not enough, #3 Buy a budget set to get you by till the Hertz can be ran. TS6900 pro would be a good budget choice. Tailwind had good sound from his. With the horn you will hear them surely. They are 92 db sens.

Old 07-31-2016, 04:38 PM
Springerfan
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by slyedog
Not saying you CAN'T hear a rear 6x9. Saying hearing them over your front stage
isn't or should happen. You can try to balance them but ME personally doesn't rely on the rear other than filler. Parked yes more low end for sure. 80 down interstate yes they are audible but front WAY overpowers themIf I lean back while riding I know they are there, but till then the front dominates. I can fade and balance them evenly but then all the money I spent on having a high end front stage has been wasted so I can hear the rear 6x9 better. Your sensitivity difference will be a challenge. You have really 3 choices. #1 deal with it. #2 gain rear channel as much as possible 150 per side and run the front 100 per side ( in theory 6db will need 4 times the power to to be even) wont notice quite as much but likely still not enough, #3 Buy a budget set to get you by till the Hertz can be ran. TS6900 pro would be a good budget choice. Tailwind had good sound from his. With the horn you will hear them surely. They are 92 db sens.
Thanks Slye, I have ordered a pair of the Pioneer ts6900 @$126.99 on Amazon I figured they were worth a shot. I know that some are running the Hertz 690's in lids with 692's mounted in the bags but I don't know what they are using in the fairing or what amps they are using. I suspect that they are on pre Rushmore bikes. This has been a frustrating upgrade to say the least but mostly due to my lack of knowledge. I know what sounds good but getting there has been a costly battle.

Last edited by Springerfan; 07-31-2016 at 04:41 PM.
Old 07-31-2016, 05:17 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Springerfan
Thanks Slye, I have ordered a pair of the Pioneer ts6900 @$126.99 on Amazon I figured they were worth a shot. I know that some are running the Hertz 690's in lids with 692's mounted in the bags but I don't know what they are using in the fairing or what amps they are using. I suspect that they are on pre Rushmore bikes. This has been a frustrating upgrade to say the least but mostly due to my lack of knowledge. I know what sounds good but getting there has been a costly battle.
I think they should do the trick for now. The 692 in the bags are for bass solely. The lids give the midbass and volume. The in the bags are parking lot stuff there. I understand the frustration. It takes trial and error. Let us know how things turn out .

Old 07-31-2016, 06:31 PM
azlou66
Road Captain

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Slye is on the money about what we hear at 80 mph, front stage is very much dominant. As speed decreases or we are Parkin Lot Pimpin then the rears become more of a player. I am running Biketronics 6X9's in my lids and Pioneer TS 6900 PRO's forward firing in my chopped Tourpac running in parallel off of a SS TN4.900D. I also have an 8" sub in the Tourpac running bridged mono off the same amp. I like the way my sled sounds for the music I enjoy which is Heavy Metal.