Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My setup coming along

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 11:39 PM
ajclassic
Cruiser
Received 79 Likes on 46 Posts
Default My setup coming along

Whats up forum. So I started my setup on my bike. I had a bunch of extra audio stuff laying around the house so I decided to put me a lil something together just to make her sound better then stock. Started out with replacing my stock inner fairing speakers with some Sound Ordnance 6.5 component speakers with crossovers and tweeters. All this off the factory head. Then I added the Alpine KTP 445U power block for the added boost. Got her tuned and was sounding great. Wanted a little extra and I had some Polk audio 2ohm RA 6902-1 6x9 subwoofers sitting around and another 500 watt amp. Didn't have speaker lids so I went with installing them in the bags since these are subwoofer style not 2way or 3way 6x9s. They are for bass period. Got it all wired, tidy, and tuned and I got to say I like it. I may have to add another set of crossovers and add some mids or high's to the back as well just for extra clarity. But just off the fronts for the clarity and the bass coming off the back it sounds soo good. Its nothing that will win a competition for SPL or anything but I love it.

Old 11-20-2017, 12:00 AM
ajclassic
Cruiser

6x9 in bag
perforation on the inside
Here are a few pics of the install. I do have screen between the bag and then the spacer, and then the speaker all sandwiched. I used black allen head bolts, and nylon lock nuts. Flush mounted so that nothing sits out on the inside of the bag. under seat wired
with the seat on you really cant see nothing. To me a clean install.

Last edited by ajclassic; 11-20-2017 at 12:03 AM.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:28 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Post a Vid bro!

Old 11-21-2017, 04:35 AM
ajclassic
Cruiser

Ill get a vid up this weekend if I can figure it out. LOL... I mad a false floor to cover up the amp install. I think it came out well. I have it setup to drop two different levels. I shallow depth, and a medium depth. The amp is fairly thin so it didn't sit high at all. I just wanted to make sure it gets ample space around it so nothing crowded it. Now I think the last thing I need to do is maybe another set of tweeters or horns in the rear to compliment the sound coming from the back. My fronts sound awesome. So do the rears at this point but I know you don't really hear bass when your rolling, but clarity can be had I believe. Also even at the shallow depth of the false floor I can fit things on it and close the lid comfortably without any issues of rubbing or nothing. false floor set at shallow depth
the amp itself mounted to the steel plate with foam under it.
the few things I keep in my bag

Old 11-23-2017, 01:04 PM
tonymontanna1983
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

You did that like a pro so far

The following users liked this post:
ajclassic (12-03-2017)
Old 11-23-2017, 01:37 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

That ClassAB amp is gonna wreak havoc on your charging system.
Other than that it looks really clean. I applaud your creativity.

Last edited by SBates08; 11-23-2017 at 01:40 PM.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:13 AM
ajclassic
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SBates08
That ClassAB amp is gonna wreak havoc on your charging system.
Other than that it looks really clean. I applaud your creativity.
I have been monitoring the amp and my charging system. Its really not pulling that hard at all. Its only a 500 watt peak 2 channel. Putting out really around 150 per channel. I am looking to change the amp in the near future though

Old 12-03-2017, 11:18 AM
ajclassic
Cruiser

So i swapped out my subwoofer polks, for some pioneer 3 ways and a set of tweeter horns. Running both parallel per channel its plenty of power going to them and they sound even better then the subs because of the extra clarity. All i really have to do is either tape wrap the wires or get some loom. But Im satisfied for now. LOL... Oh and dont mind the missing bolts. That was the mock up and test for sound. I have since bolted it all up and tidy'd the cables.

Old 12-03-2017, 04:13 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

i know you're just using stuff laying around the house but IMO if you're going to put in that much work. You should go ahead and do it right using tried and true components that work well on our bikes. The class AB amp will eventually cause you problems. With your obvious skill and ability you could really put together a nice system.

Old 12-03-2017, 06:14 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

I tried Gann. That's all I could do.
And I agree, if you're going to go to that degree of install, I certainly wouldn't cut up and drill holes in my bike for the crap you've put in there.

Last edited by SBates08; 12-03-2017 at 06:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Gannicus (12-03-2017)

Quick Reply: My setup coming along