Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coaxial or components

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 05:35 PM
09baggerdude
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BaddAzzBikes
Just my 2 cents. A system that can be heard clearly and loud on a sled is very obtainable in the 600 range. Now that being said.....most people say they want a cheap setup that is clear and loud but really none of us know what we want till we have it lol. I think the reason most people just bite the bullet and spend the cash on top tier stuff is because they don't want to risk being disappointed and wind up spending more dangerous money. At least that's how I looked at it when I started. But again that is just my 2 cents.
^^^^Wow! Thats it exactly! I know i did!

Old 08-29-2016, 05:53 PM
tesnevo
Club Member
Received 94 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by DirtyDave1116
Correct its not close. its louder in a IMHO. Think about it, air is going into the car, around pillars and then recirculated through out the car. On the sleds it simply just goes pass you. I am very confident I can have a loud and clear sled and not break 500 on equipment. Right now I am just trying to decide speakers but it seems most guy on here are running top tier lines that my budget isn't supporting.
inside a vehicle has several factors that play into the sound. Regardless of the windows open or not your sound still bounces and reverbs of all the surfaces. On a bike there is nothing but sheer power needed to create the sound many of us want. No different than going to a concert outside.
A 500.00 system won't project sound with the same quality as spending more. BUT if the system sounds good to you then spending more than 500.00 is senseless.
It's all what sounds good to you buddy. In my case I love the high quality of the sound at 70mph. And yes, at 70mph my quality of sound will greatly differ than someone else's that has spent significantly less. NOT THAT THIS MAKE MINE ANY BETTER, LOL.

Old 08-29-2016, 05:54 PM
tesnevo
Club Member
Received 94 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by 09baggerdude
^^^^Wow! Thats it exactly! I know i did!
Great way to put it.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:24 PM
DirtyDave1116
Intermediate
Location: Fairview, Tn ........Currently abroad in South Korea
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not trolling by any means Haze. I am not guessing for the most part. Clearly by my sig I do not have a fairing installed yet. I am waiting on it to get here. I am going off what I have experienced so far clearly experiences vary person to person. Tailwind when was the last time you got a sedan up 90mph with windows down? if its been a decade then sit down. My ears may very well be jack up from rockets and rotor blades but according to some tech the army has my hearing is outstanding considering all that. I am actually going with the polks for my sled and a precision power amp coming from a Jvc deck. Tesnevo glad you saw more of what I was trying cover in regards to all the surfaces that break the winds direction and yes as you point out effect sound as well. Baddazzbikes thanks for your 2 cents. Yank thanks for yours as well. I was looking at one of those amps before finally settling on the precision power.

Old 08-29-2016, 09:54 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by DirtyDave1116
Tailwind when was the last time you got a sedan up 90mph with windows down? if its been a decade then sit down.
As long as u keep comparing sled audio to some sedan rolling down the road at 90 with the windows open, ur gonna be deep deep in the weeds man.

Good luck with ur sled audio, and I do mean that as I come here to learn and also help others as a result of my lessons learned.

T.

The following users liked this post:
DirtyDave1116 (08-29-2016)
Old 08-29-2016, 11:43 PM
DirtyDave1116
Intermediate
Location: Fairview, Tn ........Currently abroad in South Korea
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
As long as u keep comparing sled audio to some sedan rolling down the road at 90 with the windows open, ur gonna be deep deep in the weeds man.

Good luck with ur sled audio, and I do mean that as I come here to learn and also help others as a result of my lessons learned.

T.
As I have seen from a good number of your post. Thank you for that support. I am sure I have a ton to learn when it comes to sled audio and I honestly can't wait.

Old 08-30-2016, 10:30 AM
BaggerBill103
Road Captain
Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

My suggestion is to buy quality components used to save some money. I know this is over your budget, but just meant as an example. I have Hertz HSK165 component speakers powered by Rockford Fosgate TX400 watt amp. I think it sounds amazing! $350 shipped for speakers that at the time retailed for $500. RF amp retailed $500, and paid $300 shipped. Somebody is always upgrading. JMO As far as components or coax, I prefer components but I don't think it matters much. I know you will find a high quality coax cheaper than a high quality component speaker. I think the question is...do you want to give up two gauges or cut holes in your inner fairing for separate tweeters?

Last edited by BaggerBill103; 08-30-2016 at 10:40 AM.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:05 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by BaggerBill103
I think the question is...do you want to give up two gauges or cut holes in your inner fairing for separate tweeters?
No real need to cut holes in your fairing or give up gauges. Stop by Home Depot and buy a Milwaukee Tools drill bit the exact same size as your tweet backing and drill the hole in your grills. Couple dabs of clear caulk, if the tweet does not have securing hardware, and ur rolling down the road.

T.

Old 08-30-2016, 12:25 PM
Makdaddy
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
No real need to cut holes in your fairing or give up gauges. Stop by Home Depot and buy a Milwaukee Tools drill bit the exact same size as your tweet backing and drill the hole in your grills. Couple dabs of clear caulk, if the tweet does not have securing hardware, and ur rolling down the road.

T.
Ill take that a little further
Buy these 6.5 Grills that come apart
Custom cut them to fit behind your fairing and then cut out the center like TW mentioned
$14 invested
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151700030768...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Old 08-30-2016, 12:41 PM
BaddAzzBikes
Former Sponsor
Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

Or buy a component set and grills from us and get the tweets cut and mounted before they leave the shop lol!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Coaxial or components