Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not sure what i did wrong

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 11:30 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Buelligan666
Glad you could get it figured out. I was out riding quad/dune buggy with my daughter and didn't get to keep up on the thread.

Tailwind, good on ya for getting him straight. We can discuss electrical theory in a different thread. It's all good brotha!
Priceless time with the daughter!!! That's awesome Brotha! Doing the High School to College countdown the next 2 years for the daughter. Scary shix!!!

As I have said, I don't know shix about electricity other than my own trial and error and a lot of error, but fired up about learning from u guys that have stared it in the face and mastered it. I have an entire set of screw drivers with the tips blown off so u have ur hands full getting me out of the electrical weeds!!!!!

T

The following users liked this post:
Buelligan666 (08-28-2016)
Old 08-27-2016, 11:35 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
I have an entire set of screw drivers with the tips blown off so u have ur hands full getting me out of the electrical weeds!!!!!

T
Remind me not to loan you any tools!!!

Old 08-28-2016, 05:46 AM
tesnevo
Club Member
Received 94 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Bertk
Remind me not to loan you any tools!!!
Lol, amen to that!!

Old 08-28-2016, 11:37 AM
Buelligan666
Stellar HDF Member
Received 688 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Priceless time with the daughter!!! That's awesome Brotha! Doing the High School to College countdown the next 2 years for the daughter. Scary shix!!!

As I have said, I don't know shix about electricity other than my own trial and error and a lot of error, but fired up about learning from u guys that have stared it in the face and mastered it. I have an entire set of screw drivers with the tips blown off so u have ur hands full getting me out of the electrical weeds!!!!!

T
She turned 10 this month. I got her the dune buggy to replace her 4 wheeler she outgrew. Like she outgrows everything!! I'm not ready for the teen years, more or less shipping her off to school. I feel for ya brotha!

I think most guys would have gave up after blowing up 1 or 2 screwdrivers. I'm proud of your persistence. I can help you down this path of electrical enlightenment, no problem!

Old 08-28-2016, 11:49 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

T, Aaron, where's a good place to pickup those relays? Probably a good idea to have a couple in stock.

Old 08-28-2016, 12:39 PM
AdmiralAaron
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi guys, I went to AutoZone and picked up a whole pack. I am going to keep some in my tool kit on the bike. As much as I respect theory, it is real world experience that is the most important. As I mentioned I visually and continuity tested EVERY fuse twice and they were all good. It was Tailwinds real world experience that led us to replace the fuses anyway.

Hey Buelligan666! I just got back from CoosBay/ NorthBend area of Oregon. We spent a week on the Dunes there riding our quads and Polaris Razr. Fun times! Where do you ride your quads at?

Old 08-28-2016, 01:39 PM
Buelligan666
Stellar HDF Member
Received 688 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by AdmiralAaron
Hi guys, I went to AutoZone and picked up a whole pack. I am going to keep some in my tool kit on the bike. As much as I respect theory, it is real world experience that is the most important. As I mentioned I visually and continuity tested EVERY fuse twice and they were all good. It was Tailwinds real world experience that led us to replace the fuses anyway.

Hey Buelligan666! I just got back from CoosBay/ NorthBend area of Oregon. We spent a week on the Dunes there riding our quads and Polaris Razr. Fun times! Where do you ride your quads at?
Very true, real world experiences can trump theory more often than not. Vehicles sometimes seem to have gremlins that are unexplainable.

I live in Calcutta, OH. I own 8 acres here in town. We were just riding around the back fields. I do live ten minutes from Wellsville. There's a place they call "the pits" also referred to as Yellow Creek. It's about 1500 acres of everything from hill climbs, logging roads, pipeline right of ways, mud pits, and everything in between. When I had my Jeep Rubicon I was down there every weekend. Guys run rail buggies, truggies, rock bouncer, quads, dirt bikes, old farm trucks, etc. It's a fairly popular spot for off-roading.