Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Official 2014 audio upgrade thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 03:12 PM
Sammyboy
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
the J&M kits are 100% plug n play. As far as the BA speakers on that amp, well let me just put it this way. They'll have a very short life-span.
Thanks UN. Are we talkin blow as soon as I turn it on, or a short lifespan as in maybe days or months?

Old 11-25-2014, 03:44 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Sammyboy
Thanks UN. Are we talkin blow as soon as I turn it on, or a short lifespan as in maybe days or months?
oh i'm sure it'll take a little while (depending on how hard you drive the speakers) but keep in mind those BA speakers are rated for a lot less power than that J&M amp is putting out.

Old 11-27-2014, 01:53 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Thank you U/N for the good information ,,,,,,

just to be clear with ALL J&M amplifiers made for the 2014-2015 Harley Infotainment systems ,,,, you do NOT want to have the Harley radio flashed for an amplifier ,,,,,, Leave the Harley radios stock just the way they come from Harley ,,,,,,,

J&M Performance series amps for the 2014-2015 Harleys here http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=50 ,,,,,,,

J&M ROKKER series amps for the 2014-2015 Harleys here http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=49 ,,,,,,

the J&M amplifiers are set up for the best sound, with the radio stock from Harley flashed for NO AMP ,,,,,,

I apologize again for all of the confusion on this subject ,,,,,

Last edited by JMJOHN; 11-27-2014 at 01:56 PM. Reason: forgot some info
Old 11-28-2014, 02:06 PM
sbeamer
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

I can scroll the tracks, now! For a while, "after" I picked a specific artist, it would only play that artist over and over, until I picked a different artist. And it did the same thing! I did the "re-set" as per dealer, and had to do it about 7 or so times before it went back to normal. They tell me there is another update coming.

Old 12-07-2014, 10:25 AM
Pandora
6th Gear

Originally Posted by brunswickoh
Put about a hundred miles on the bike now since adding the amp and speakers, I like it. Sound is good, plenty loud and clear at 80 on the highway. I did pull all the speakers today and add some Polyfil around each of them. Not sure what it will or wont change but for some reason I felt compelled to do it. For about $300 total investment I like the setup.
brunswickoh, Where is your volume level at doing 80mph? I have mine set almost all the way to the right, last 2 bars are available. I have the upgraded stock speakers and amp.

Old 12-07-2014, 10:39 AM
Pandora
6th Gear
Default settings

I have 14 SG with 6.5 infotainment, upgraded stock speakers & amp. I am stumped at how to "save" the settings to use my USB as the default. Each time I start my bike, it's default is the FM. I have to select Home>USB. Then I have to set my bass and treble. This is with each start.

Has any one here figured out how to save the settings?

(My apologies for asking if this has already been addressed. I don't have the time to read through hundreds of threads. I did a search last night and spent 2 hours reading.)

Old 12-09-2014, 08:34 PM
sbeamer
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Default F w i w

Put my Kappa's in this weekend! Nothing else. WOW! Side note; My buddy has a 15 Limited. He put in the Hogtunes, nothing else. We did it pretty much side by side. I took his speakers in the pods and plugged them in to my bike. Then, I plugged in mine, with the Kappas. Noticeable difference. His radio with the new Hogtunes,.... well,,.... not so much. By the way,....the STOCK speakers, at least on the St.glide Special, ARE 6.5"!!!! So,.. if you are looking for improvement on your new Rushmore radio, it takes a little more than just aftermarket speakers if you want it LOUD. Mine is clearer and a little more bass response. I don't think it's much louder. Won't know more till I can ride it....... in spring. Lastly, I put sound deaden-er on the (inside) backside. It's about 3/8" thick, very porous. Not really sure if it did anything. You know you want it to be better after spending a couple hours doing this crap, but I wouldn't stake any money on it.

Old 12-11-2014, 05:48 PM
jmrut99
5th Gear
Default Polk MM651

Okay guys so I feel as if I have made a mistake. I ordered a set of Polk MM 651 speakers with a Rockford Fosgate 300 x 2. I understand that there are some fitment issues. I read about 40 pages of this thread. Other than the countersinking of the screws can someone please enlighten me on the issues I will experience trying to install these speakers.Will using these speakers be worth the hassle of the install or should I just return them?all the reviews I have read about the speakers say nothing but good things about them. And most of the installs on the 2013 and prior models have been fairly simple. Any advice would be greatly appreciatedand I apologize if I'm asking a question that has already been covered in the thread. Thanks in advance.
Jason

Old 12-12-2014, 01:08 PM
Bagged Out
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Update from me -
Running RF PBR300X2 and the infinity Kappa's.
Took the magic box out of the system, no difference.
Played with the gain and frequency and got a little more bass and a lot more volume.
Still sounds like sh*t in my opinion.

Old 12-12-2014, 01:10 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Bagged Out
Update from me -
Running RF PBR300X2 and the infinity Kappa's.
Took the magic box out of the system, no difference.
Played with the gain and frequency and got a little more bass and a lot more volume.
Still sounds like sh*t in my opinion.
have you gotten it flashed by the dealer?

Quick Reply: The Official 2014 audio upgrade thread