Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Official 2014 audio upgrade thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 06:58 AM
fallenhillbilly
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onewheat
What is the flash file that you have loaded now?
Bin file is 00_off.bin. it's the best one I have tried yet..And I have tried alot.Thing about it I have tried this one before and didn't have good results. It looks like the stock file but act differently. Maybe the software changes made the difference .radio has low voltage output now but you can't make it clip at full volume. And all controls work..and you can hear it on the road now..so if I was you I would try it..nothing to lose.you can always put it back if it doesn't work for you..

Old 05-14-2015, 09:00 AM
CaptainKirk
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Scotty was absolutely correct! The ground wire had pulled out of the plug enough that a rubber green grommet was very visible. Poked it all back in the plug with a toothpick and much joy in the garage! Thanks, everyone!

Originally Posted by 69onmy09dyna
Captian Kirk. Scotty says when you have multiple problems like this, it is usually caused one of 3 things. Grounds, grounds and, of course, GROUNDS!

Last edited by CaptainKirk; 05-14-2015 at 12:57 PM.
Old 05-14-2015, 02:55 PM
onewheat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fallenhillbilly
Bin file is 00_off.bin. it's the best one I have tried yet..And I have tried alot.Thing about it I have tried this one before and didn't have good results. It looks like the stock file but act differently. Maybe the software changes made the difference .radio has low voltage output now but you can't make it clip at full volume. And all controls work..and you can hear it on the road now..so if I was you I would try it..nothing to lose.you can always put it back if it doesn't work for you..
That is the flash file I have as well - sounds great while parked. Rolling down the road, I get a LOT of distortion - mainly out of the bag speakers with the HAT 5x7s and the BT4180 powering them - like the gain is WAY too high but parked, it sounds incredible. I do have use of tone controls (bot set to center), my fader works (one or two clicks towards the front) and my AVC does move, although I honestly haven't tried to see if it does anything since the flash. I am beyond disappointed right now. For what I spent, I should have a kick-*** system while moving, not just parked.

Old 05-14-2015, 10:50 PM
fallenhillbilly
Cruiser

That is the flash file I have as well - sounds great while parked. Rolling down the road, I get a LOT of distortion - mainly out of the bag speakers with the HAT 5x7s and the BT4180 powering them - like the gain is WAY too high but parked, it sounds incredible. I do have use of tone controls (bot set to center), my fader works (one or two clicks towards the front) and my AVC does move, although I honestly haven't tried to see if it does anything since the flash. I am beyond disappointed right now. For what I spent, I should have a kick-*** system while moving, not just parked.
So you have the same bin file but is your flash the same.you can get the same file but have a different flash.been there an done that..make sure it is 0 amps 4 speakers amp 1 & amp 2 installed yes.

Old 05-14-2015, 11:19 PM
onewheat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you have the same bin file but is your flash the same.you can get the same file but have a different flash.been there an done that..make sure it is 0 amps 4 speakers amp 1 & amp 2 installed yes.
I will double-check with the dealer again - hopefully next week. I just want this to be right and be done.

Old 05-15-2015, 08:07 AM
fallenhillbilly
Cruiser

I will double-check with the dealer again - hopefully next week. I just want this to be right and be done.
I feel your pain...this has been way to complicated..I feel this flash is better than the old one they were recommending...but don't believe it is perfect..but I'll take it to I find something better. .good luck

Old 05-15-2015, 09:07 AM
captjac
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I feel your pain...this has been way to complicated..I feel this flash is better than the old one they were recommending...but don't believe it is perfect..but I'll take it to I find something better. .good luck
I was checking my BIN in the service menu (00_OFF) without the bike started and then with it started (00_ON) but then I rode to work after exiting the service menu and it was absolute crap. XM volume was less than half, mp3 kept clipping, the inter-phone was turned on and kept cutting out the sound.....
I couldn't take it and had to pull over, turn the bike off for a few sec then restart and all was well.

BTW FallenHillbilly Im in you neck of the woods. Im extremely happy with our Service Dept trying to help with this issue.

Old 05-15-2015, 09:12 AM
Chunky Monkey
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

besides looking at the bin file is there a way to see what the flash settings are? Is that something only the dealer can tell you?

Old 05-15-2015, 10:34 AM
fallenhillbilly
Cruiser

Originally Posted by captjac
I was checking my BIN in the service menu (00_OFF) without the bike started and then with it started (00_ON) but then I rode to work after exiting the service menu and it was absolute crap. XM volume was less than half, mp3 kept clipping, the inter-phone was turned on and kept cutting out the sound.....
I couldn't take it and had to pull over, turn the bike off for a few sec then restart and all was well.

BTW FallenHillbilly Im in you neck of the woods. Im extremely happy with our Service Dept trying to help with this issue.
I agree with you 100 percent. the guys have done a hell of a job for me and others.with no help from the mothership. you hear all the horrible stories trying to get help from the dealers.and then on top of that they're charging them each time. I've said it before sometimes it's not just about the cheapest price it's about the service after the purchase..I will be there this afternoon to tell them what I found out with the new flash so they can pass it on..

Old 05-15-2015, 10:38 AM
fallenhillbilly
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Chunky Monkey
besides looking at the bin file is there a way to see what the flash settings are? Is that something only the dealer can tell you?
As far as I know. only the dealer can see it when they hook the digital tech to the bike..

Quick Reply: The Official 2014 audio upgrade thread