Blowers/Turbos/Nitrous Oxide For you Gear Heads. Here is the place to discuss your souped-up, sophisticated, out of control and money pit monsters.

want to ger turbo setup for my 120R engine, need advise!!??

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 03:58 PM
Kicks
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well it's a few more days now, what do you think?
What was the end hsp, tq numbers?

Any issues not sorted now?

Old 05-07-2014, 02:20 AM
Jondalar
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry, but the only numbers so far are M.P.G's. First tank full was 22mpg and yesterday's tank full was 23 mpg's. I'm messing around with the throttle too much though. For instance, going onto the expressway and getting the speed up to between 70 and 75 and rolling the throttle on. It's surprising that the bike is impressive at high speed too. I actually reasoned with myself by saying things in my head like--"You've been in a war man, it's only a bike." But once the throttle comes on you get pushed back and are hanging on with you toes wedged under the pegs and there's no time to think. Reasoning with ones self has to take place in the 2 seconds before it's time to slow down again. I'm going to get some protective gear and go to the drag strip when it opens. I'm told that test and tune night is a good way to warm up to the turbo world. I can't believe I own such a machine.

Old 05-07-2014, 03:33 PM
Kingobikes
Advanced

22 23 mpg.. would suggest you have engine or tune up problems or you ARE ON THE THROTTLE ALL THE TIME !

Old 05-08-2014, 03:33 AM
Jondalar
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's a big learning experience that is probably not over and won't ever end. I know that the MPGs are disappointing, but the exhaust doesn't smell badly or burn the eyes. It's my first and only turbo and nobody else I know or pass on the streets have a turbo.

Working 6 days per week has left little time for pleasure riding but I make the most out of going to work and coming home, running errands, or visiting bike pals. My Pingel electric shifter has turned into a fun thing and if I didn't have the turbo, then just the Pingel alone would be loads of fun. For the unknowing, the Pingel interrupts the ign. and pulls the shift rod in an instant--without using the clutch. When this happens there's a slight Bang between each gear change and it'll set you back in the seat.

Last Thursday at the drag strip I made several trips down and back all alone because the track was closed and workers were fixing up the place for the next day's event which I was to attend but a loose cam cover prevented me. What happened was, I kept my speeds under 100 to get familiar with the track and the oil leak blew the oil over the place, down, up, sideways, on the exhaust, rear brake rotor, on my right leather pants leg and boot. Smoke billowing all over and by the time the source of the leak was found it was the next day. Now a 3/16 ball end allen is always in my back-pack.

Last edited by Jondalar; 05-25-2014 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Continue the story.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:50 PM
Troy L
Cruiser

sounds like maybe you should nut and bolt that thing before something bad happens..