Detailing Discuss keeping your bike looking brand new here.

3 minute WWW cleaning!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 11:21 AM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,004 Likes on 2,817 Posts

Try Westley's Bleche-Wyte and a Brillo Soap Pad. Cleans and bleaches white walls like new.

Old 08-16-2016, 02:45 PM
AK883xl
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron "Gunner" Retzlaff
OK like many others I am sure there a hundred threads on this, but I had to post my results. I have never really cleaned my WWW tires well enough to matter. Yes, the bike gets washed and dried pretty regularly (read every 3 weeks or so). She isn't a trailer queen and has seen 25k miles already as she is my commuter when it isn't raining or below 34 degrees. Needless to say the WWW tires looked pretty dingy since I never really attack them well enough and I NEVER clean the back one since it is such a pain in the A$$ to get to.

That all changed today when I took the Simple Green and Walmart magic eraser to them. 3 MINUTES EACH AND THEY WERE DONE WITHOUT BREAKING A SWEAT!!!!!!

I don't remember where I saw this, but I would like to kiss whoever thought it up "right on the mouth". The Mrs is happy about the WWW being properly cleaned for a change and I'm happy because it doesn't look like a turd.

This is the back tire before cleaning

This is about 3 minutes later without much effort

This is what I used to clean them with, including my 'old man mat'

I hope this helps someone else in their WWW cleaning endeavors and THANKS to whoever thought it up in the first place. I can't take credit for it, but I really want to pass this on.
i might be late to this but this was good. thanks for sharing.. i even went and ordered a wheel roller after seeing your pic

Old 08-16-2016, 07:42 PM
Ron "Gunner" Retzlaff
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AK883xl
i might be late to this but this was good. thanks for sharing.. i even went and ordered a wheel roller after seeing your pic
No problem at all, glad I could help. Again - this wasn't my idea, I simply put pictures with it too.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:52 PM
xmen9c
Road Master
Received 241 Likes on 133 Posts

I have also heard Simple Green is very good but I have been using the Mr Clean Magic Erasers for a couple years and I am not sure they aren't the real reason I can clean my WW's so easily. Ever since using them I noticed a vast improvement in look and time it takes to clean them. I use Bleech White too but even dry out of the box the Magic Erasers remove scuffs and other marks on WW's by themselves. Is Simple Green even needed?