Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help from Dyna riders badly!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 06:31 AM
aurimask
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Need help from Dyna riders badly!!!

Yesterday tried to register imported DYNA FXDB and faced the problem that VIN sticker on the front of the frame is missing. Have all the documents and of course VIN stamped on frame, but for beurocrats this is not enough. Unfortunately I cannot order this, as my official dealer in Europe does not deal with USA produced motorcycles, also contacted several US dealers, but have very little hope, that they are going to help.

So kindly ask friendly bikers for a help!

1. Anyone working at HD dealership in US who could help get me the sticker officially.
2. Any riders who have DYNA 2009 or similar to take a picture of that sticker and measure width and height.

PM, if you could help, as the wheater is getting better and I cannot ride.

Appreciate any help.

Old 04-04-2015, 07:08 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 987 Likes on 678 Posts

Few questions
Did you buy it in the US?If so have you contacted the seller?
Could you register it as Salvage?A salvage bike will bring less money when sold but just a thought...
Could it be registered as homemade or homebuilt?May also lower the value?
Good Luck....

Old 04-04-2015, 09:55 AM
aurimask
Novice

Yes, the motorcycle is bought from US. The dealers are not very helpful to solve my problem, so I decided to reach wider audience.

1. Anyone working at HD dealership in US who could help get me the sticker officially.
2. Any riders who have DYNA 2009 or similar to take a picture of that sticker and measure width and height.

Old 04-04-2015, 11:51 AM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 970 Likes on 733 Posts

I can't imagine that the sticker is something a dealer has anything to do with. In the US all that matters is the VIN stamped on the frame, I see a lot of bikes with the sticker removed. The sticker measures 3 1/4" x 2".
I think your best shot is to contact HD corporate and try to find someone who can help.

Old 04-04-2015, 11:58 AM
LunaticFringe
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

is the vin really Stamped on the frame? I believe it is on the motor as well. if so then that should be enough

if it isn;t stamped ask them what does it matter?

you might have to import is as a salvage bike.

HD can't just re-issue a VIN card to anybody.. that has to be illegal.

Last edited by LunaticFringe; 04-04-2015 at 12:01 PM.
Old 04-04-2015, 02:21 PM
aurimask
Novice

Originally Posted by nevil
I can't imagine that the sticker is something a dealer has anything to do with. In the US all that matters is the VIN stamped on the frame, I see a lot of bikes with the sticker removed. The sticker measures 3 1/4" x 2".
I think your best shot is to contact HD corporate and try to find someone who can help.
It is how it is in Europe. Thank you for the measurement!!! This is halfway done, now I just need some friendly biker to took an example photo of how it looks on Dyna 2009 or similar year!!

Old 04-04-2015, 02:24 PM
aurimask
Novice

Originally Posted by LunaticFringe
is the vin really Stamped on the frame? I believe it is on the motor as well. if so then that should be enough

if it isn;t stamped ask them what does it matter?

you might have to import is as a salvage bike.

HD can't just re-issue a VIN card to anybody.. that has to be illegal.
Yes, I have VIN stamped on the frame and also have an engine number stamped also. I just need that silly sticker which says some information regarding when it is made and gross weight, loads etc. I cannot move forward without it. What a dumb laws we have there...

Old 04-04-2015, 02:25 PM
rdondes
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This sounds confusing. Normally, to register a motor vehicle, in any state in the USA, the vehicle does not have to be present. You just have to have a valid title. Is this situation different, requiring a physical inspection because the vehicle was exported to overseas and now is being imported back into the USA? I would also recommend contacting the home office of the DMV in the state you're in to see if somebody is interpreting the rules incorrectly. At least find out what your options are. If the VIN is stamped into the frame, and it matches the VIN stamped into the engine, that should be more than enough.

Old 04-04-2015, 02:26 PM
rdondes
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

By the way, why do you need a photo and dimensions of the VIN sticker? If you attempt to duplicate it, that is in fact a Federal Crime.

Old 04-04-2015, 02:40 PM
fxrnutt
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

He's not worried about the feds.....he's in Europe

Quick Reply: Need help from Dyna riders badly!!!