Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help from Dyna riders badly!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 11:32 AM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 246 Likes on 163 Posts

Some info here:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...ting-bike.html

Explanations on Mandatory Compliance:
http://www.tc.gc.ca/motorvehiclesafe...planations.htm
Admissible vehicles, except competition vehicles, snowmobile cutters and all terrain vehicles (ATVs), must be certified by OEMs to all applicable U.S. Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSSs). Two criteria can be used to determine this:

a compliance label affixed to the vehicle at the time of main assembly with one of the following statements,
"This vehicle conforms to the applicable federal motor vehicle safety, bumper and theft prevention standards in effect on the date of manufacture shown above"; or
"This vehicle conforms to all applicable U.S. federal motor vehicle safety standards in effect on the date of manufacture shown above";
or
a letter from the original manufacturer and the final stage manufacturer (if applicable) containing the same information as would appear on the compliance label.

Photos of stickers:
https://www.google.com/search?q=harl...ml%3B399%3B599

Old 04-06-2015, 12:53 PM
Deno2cv
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had some similar problems recently as I got my 2012 Fat Bob. It's from USA and I live in Croatia, had to do homologation just as you have. Fotunately I have those stickers on my bike and I had to do some changes (position light, turning lights, speedometer) and those guys gave me hard time. I had to take it to Motocycle laboratory (can you believe this?) and we have that although Croatia has never produced a motorcycle.
Anyway, I would suggest that you take your bike to one of those customizing shops for HD's (they often import used bikes for their customers). Ask them to help you with the process and they'll probably do it for you for a couple hundred Euros. They do it all the time, nothing ilegal, just an easier way to complete the procedure.
I hope this will help you.

Old 04-06-2015, 01:10 PM
aurimask
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WS6 Formula
Some info here:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...ting-bike.html

Explanations on Mandatory Compliance:
http://www.tc.gc.ca/motorvehiclesafe...planations.htm
Admissible vehicles, except competition vehicles, snowmobile cutters and all terrain vehicles (ATVs), must be certified by OEMs to all applicable U.S. Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSSs). Two criteria can be used to determine this:

a compliance label affixed to the vehicle at the time of main assembly with one of the following statements,
"This vehicle conforms to the applicable federal motor vehicle safety, bumper and theft prevention standards in effect on the date of manufacture shown above"; or
"This vehicle conforms to all applicable U.S. federal motor vehicle safety standards in effect on the date of manufacture shown above";
or
a letter from the original manufacturer and the final stage manufacturer (if applicable) containing the same information as would appear on the compliance label.

Photos of stickers:
https://www.google.com/search?q=harl...ml%3B399%3B599
Read all the stories you provided and it just proves that I am not going to get a replacement sticker from US. The letter for SOC which might be the case could be provided, but there is no precedence to go through certification procedure with it. At least not in my country.

Old 04-06-2015, 01:14 PM
aurimask
Novice

Originally Posted by Deno2cv
I've had some similar problems recently as I got my 2012 Fat Bob. It's from USA and I live in Croatia, had to do homologation just as you have. Fotunately I have those stickers on my bike and I had to do some changes (position light, turning lights, speedometer) and those guys gave me hard time. I had to take it to Motocycle laboratory (can you believe this?) and we have that although Croatia has never produced a motorcycle.
Anyway, I would suggest that you take your bike to one of those customizing shops for HD's (they often import used bikes for their customers). Ask them to help you with the process and they'll probably do it for you for a couple hundred Euros. They do it all the time, nothing ilegal, just an easier way to complete the procedure.
I hope this will help you.
My bike is perfectly fine and I already made all the changes to meet EU standards. It is not the case. Can't believe that anyone from 800 viewers could not PM the sticker picture. You could cover VIN if it is worrying you guys. Otherwise going to look elsewhere

Old 04-06-2015, 01:21 PM
Ape_Hanger
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by aurimask
My bike is perfectly fine and I already made all the changes to meet EU standards. It is not the case. Can't believe that anyone from 800 viewers could not PM the sticker picture. You could cover VIN if it is worrying you guys. Otherwise going to look elsewhere
By all means please do. No one here is obligated to go out of their way to send you a picture of their VIN sticker when a simple google search would give you exactly what you're asking for.

Old 04-06-2015, 01:39 PM
aurimask
Novice

Originally Posted by Ape_Hanger
By all means please do. No one here is obligated to go out of their way to send you a picture of their VIN sticker when a simple google search would give you exactly what you're asking for.
Simple google search does not have what I need as I it differs model by model.

Old 04-17-2015, 05:47 AM
aurimask
Novice

It took some time, but I managed to deal with this issue and registered my Dyna with no problems at all. As I did not get any help from hdforums regarding this, I feel that there might be other people facing this problem in the future, so if anyone need FREE help on this, please PM!

The following users liked this post:
bigal51 (07-25-2019)