Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forward controls that are not that forward up ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 11:18 PM
marcusg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forward controls that are not that forward up ?

Gentlemen, is ther such thing as a forward control that isn't that far forward ? what I mean is the mid controls are to uncomfortablefor me but all the forward controls thatI have seen,are to far up that I can't reach them and/or I'm to streched out. Is there a forward control out there that will only extend me out say4 inches give or take ? Thanks in advance.

Marcusg

Old 06-01-2007, 12:42 AM
Oldtimer of NM
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Forward controls that are not that forward up ?

See if you can get a test ride on an Heritage softail and see how you like it. The controls pivot just behind the lower corner of the frame and it has footboards that sit roughly halfway between the sport style and forward pegs. If it is what you are looking for, adapting the parts to your frame is only a matter of how much time and money you are willing to spend. If there is a 'P' (police) version of your bike available, you should be able to get a bolton setup because I've never seen a police bike without footboards.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:26 AM
marcusg
Cruiser

Thanks OT of NM, much appreciated.

Old 06-01-2007, 02:24 AM
mvinc01
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Marcus,

I have a similar problem with my forwards. I am 5'8" and tend to have to "hold" my feet on my forwards. I'm used to it now but sometimes bothers me. I installed the "moon" shaped shaker floorboards from J&P (and on E-bay) on my FXD. They have a mounting bracket that bolts into the forward control female clevis mount and rotates a full 360 degrees. The board also slides back and forth 4". It gives you a pretty wide range of motion and a full foot plant. It also gave the bike a unique look. Lo on here also runs them and likes them. I liked them a lot until I droped my ride and bent the left side bracket. I have not replaced it yet.

I also think Kuyraken makes a rotational bracket for just the pegs and mounts. Check them out too.

Finaly, a lot of guys on here have mentioned liking the heal rests for their forwards.

MV

Old 06-01-2007, 05:58 PM
marcusg
Cruiser

Thanks MV. You got a link ? Have to check those out.

*EDIT* MV are these the ones you are talking about ? Also, what is the difference between the "shaker" version and the oval version ?

http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup...ley&page=1

Thanks again, Marcusg

Old 06-01-2007, 07:04 PM
mvinc01
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Marcus,

Yes those are exactly like to ones I got. I bought mine fromKCInt. company for $69.00 plus shipping on E-bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ADJUS...7092QQtcZphoto

The "shaker" boards have rubber grommet mounted foot plates to take away vibration. They take some getting used to, but work fine.

This is the Kury 360 rotational peg mountsI was speaking about. never tried them though.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp...ey&ci=3595

These are like the heal rests I was speaking about. I thing HD also makes some that match their different themed sets. I have also not used these myself.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp...ey&ci=3212

Good luck.

MV

Old 06-01-2007, 10:29 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

Man, I sometimes wish I had this problem. At 6'7 I rest the back of my heels on my forward pegs and they are 3" extendeds!

I gotta get someone to take a pic one day so you could see what I mean.................

Old 06-01-2007, 11:46 PM
marcusg
Cruiser

MV, I thought about those Kuryakyn's also while looking through their catalog (as well has some other options.). I think they would workbut I would still need somekind ofa 3-4"extention for the shifter and brake pedal also. Could not find anything with the exception of the "regular"forward controlshifters/brakes, which are to long. Got any ideas what would workfor them or some other part?

Thanks again, Marcusg