Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cv-perfomance bad supplier

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 02:52 AM
mjp_oz
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default cv-perfomance bad supplier

Hi guys was not sure where to post this. Mods if its in the wrong spot please move it. I have a dyna and usually use this forum

As some of you know I am way down under in australia. I made a order from cv-perfromance for some carb gear so I could do a rebuild. Finding parts here can be difficult at the best times.

Cv-perfomance billed me, deducted the money then never sent the order, never reply to any of my communications. I even tried calling them. I have requested a refund from paypal but it looks like i may miss out as this was ongoing from sept last year and they seemed to deliberately have delayed the order. I understand many of you guys heave dealt with them and had good experiences, am I the only one that has a bad one? Does anyone actually know them and can raise this with them. Maybe I fell through the cracks in the system but with all the emails I sent asking about updates that feels most unlikely.

cheers
mal

http://www.cv-performance.com/

Last edited by mjp_oz; 02-17-2013 at 02:53 AM. Reason: spelling errors
Old 02-17-2013, 09:33 AM
Robtarra39
Road Warrior
Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

i just had a similar issue, i had ordered and paid for some carb parts, waited for a week, then sent email asking about the status of my order, well after 3 attempts i finally got an email saying parts were shipped, then 10 minutes later i get an email saying parts are not shipped with no reason.I contact them again and now they want 2.50 more to handle the shipping as USPS increased there shipping rate, Well they finally shipped it 2 weeks ago and i am still waiting for the parts.

Communication is very poor, hope the parts are better

Old 02-17-2013, 01:35 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I emailed him direct on his forum ( bike talk) I believe was the name, and he never replied so I chose not to deal with him. CVP parts are available from J&P though which I am sure are good to deal with.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:01 PM
GraemeR
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Hmmm...If they are in America then they may be going under! If you used paypal i think you get insurance automatically so may be able to get your money back (do not quote me on that though - but its worth investigating)

Old 02-27-2013, 11:24 AM
mjp_oz
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the replies guys. I figure i have lost that money. Just disappointed with the whole experience.

Since I am not the only one who has had a bad experience with them makes me wonder how they can still be in business and trading. I know i can lodge this with internet fraud and let them pursue it legally.

paypal only allows you to recover the money within 45 days and it has be under a specific set of circumstances before they will refund it.

Lesson Learnt.

have a good one

LLR

Old 02-27-2013, 11:39 AM
dmpjr
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry about your bad experience, live and learn I guess. I would recommend using J&P Cycles, I have ordered from them a few times and have been nothing but satisfied. I highly recommend them. Good luck.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:12 PM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I ordered a carb kit from them and had it three days later.

No issues.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:28 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Robtarra39
i just had a similar issue, i had ordered and paid for some carb parts, waited for a week, then sent email asking about the status of my order, well after 3 attempts i finally got an email saying parts were shipped, then 10 minutes later i get an email saying parts are not shipped with no reason.I contact them again and now they want 2.50 more to handle the shipping as USPS increased there shipping rate, Well they finally shipped it 2 weeks ago and i am still waiting for the parts.

Communication is very poor, hope the parts are better
drag specialties carries most cv-performance parts and can be gotten through any drag specialties dealer in your area. parts canada has the 2013 drag specialties fatbook "canadian edition" online that you can flip through to get part numbers. that way no shipping issues