Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

air cleaner question

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 08:39 PM
parrettdl
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air cleaner question

I have an 07 superglide, and im pretty sure the PO put a stage one on it- its got V and H slip ons, and there is no plastic back cover over the air cleaner.

the dealership didn't say anything about upgrades done to the bike, but from what I've read, I guess that's normal...

anyhow, I don't know what kind of air filter is on it- its grey material instead of the red kind I see on most bikes online these days.

my question is this- im thinking about putting a spiked air cleaner on it, or maybe just a new air filter with a cool cover (the mesh on the filter is rusty looking in a couple places).

is that something I can just swap out, or would I need to take it in to get it tuned to adjust to the new air flow "dynamics" of the potential filter I put on it?

ill try to post pics after work tomorrow... there are a lot of cool things on this forum, and its nice to see what people do with their rides.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:48 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

K&N filters are a popular ac mod that eliminates the backing plate but I'm guessing their element would be red. With no backing plate its obvious someone has increased the air flow. Adding another high flow ac shouldn't have any I'll effects whatsoever. Pick one out and throw it on

Last edited by ynots; 10-10-2013 at 09:50 PM.