Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

License plate bracket replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 08:31 PM
Drone71
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question License plate bracket replacement

09 Street bob, riding hoe from work on Friday, and my license plate falls off the bike! Seems the bracket that holds the plate broke! I went to a couple of bike shops and no one had something I could use. I went to HD dealer, and they tell me they would have to special order the thing! The bracket that attaches to the tail light Is the piece that broke. If anyone one knows a place in L.A. area that has them let me know please..

Last year the rear fender cracked, HD was nice enough to replace it for free. Now this bracket breaks. WTF is going o here.. Anyone else have these kinds of issues with their Street bob?

Old 03-23-2014, 09:07 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 737 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by Drone71

Last year the rear fender cracked, HD was nice enough to replace it for free. Now this bracket breaks. WTF is going o here.. Anyone else have these kinds of issues with their Street bob?
I sincerely hope you are the only one this happened to! Not to wish you ill will, just would like to think it was a one in a million occurrence!

Was it the side mount type L/P bracket? Like that Rube-Goldberg device thing that is on mine!? If so, junk that POS and get a nice radius mount under the lip of the rear fender, go Mad Dog Mean if you have to and come up with something better and send a letter to Briggs & Stratton, oops, I mean HD, and tell them to fix their stupid stuff so they can focus on the hard stuff.

I can understand something forged cracking but not a stamped fender for God's sakes!

Old 03-23-2014, 09:35 PM
Drone71
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha ha ha... yea.. I know. Like I mentioned. Thank you HD for replacing the rear fender, free of charge. Years after the warranty was over. This too seems like a QA issue. There has never been any rear impact on the bike. Vibration must have been the culprit.

My bike is an 09 FXDB. so it has the license plate under the Sparto light. There is a bracket this is the part that broke) that attaches to the light, which the plate and plate holder attach to.

I have been planning to change out the rear fender/tail light.. but damn it, I aint ready yet.